There are 250 users in the forums

Boldin versus Harvin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
We can all hope that P. Carroll uses him as effectively as he was used on the Vikings where, when they beat the Niners last season, Ponder had one of his best days and Harvin torched the Niners for an amazing zero touchdowns.

Didn't he have like 175 total yards though.
According to the box score, he had nine receptions for 89 yards and no TD's. So, he was effective, but it's not like he torched the Niners or anything like that. He also had three KO returns for decent yardage, so maybe that's where you got the total yards. Hey, he's good. No question about it. But, IMO, they paid too much for him and they are taking a huge gamble mainly because of his injury history and, shall we say, his commitment to the game. He's a quick cutter going to a cold, wet, slippery artificial surface for 8 games a year. He's been known to miss games because of a headache. A headache??!!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
We can all hope that P. Carroll uses him as effectively as he was used on the Vikings where, when they beat the Niners last season, Ponder had one of his best days and Harvin torched the Niners for an amazing zero touchdowns.

Didn't he have like 175 total yards though.
According to the box score, he had nine receptions for 89 yards and no TD's. So, he was effective, but it's not like he torched the Niners or anything like that. He also had three KO returns for decent yardage, so maybe that's where you got the total yards. Hey, he's good. No question about it. But, IMO, they paid too much for him and they are taking a huge gamble mainly because of his injury history and, shall we say, his commitment to the game. He's a quick cutter going to a cold, wet, slippery artificial surface for 8 games a year. He's been known to miss games because of a headache. A headache??!!

He hasn't had a migraine in two years And was in the conversation for MVP at one point last season. Baalke also wanted him. In Baalke We trust.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/migraines-no-longer-a-concern-for-percy-harvin/
Tavon Austin <<<<<< Harvin. They would have had to use a 1st anyway to get a similar player that's not proven. Harvin's still very young. 24 I think.

And That total yards does include kickoff returns because he's one of the best in the league at it. (Top 2 or 3)
[ Edited by KID9R on Mar 16, 2013 at 7:57 PM ]
He hasn't had a migraine in two years And was in the conversation for MVP at one point last season. Baalke also wanted him. In Baalke We trust.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/migraines-no-longer-a-concern-for-percy-harvin/
Tavon Austin <<<<<< Harvin. They would have had to use a 1st anyway to get a similar player that's not proven. Harvin's still very young. 24 I think.

Like I said on the other thread, re-read the article and think about it. The Seahawks just dropped a first round pick and 30 or 40 million over the next four years on the player in that article. Reading the article, I'd be a little nervous about my team gambling that much on the player in that article.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

Like I said on the other thread, re-read the article and think about it. The Seahawks just dropped a first round pick and 30 or 40 million over the next four years on the player in that article. Reading the article, I'd be a little nervous about my team gambling that much on the player in that article.

But but but Baalke wanted him. In Baalke we Trust?

And you know that how? Isn't it possible that again, you're not giving Baalke credit for knowing what he's doing. I don't know what he's doing. I can only guess. And if I had to guess, I would say there is at least the possibility that the Niners expressed interest in Harvin to help drive his price up. After all, it's been five years since they spent any serious money on a free agent. That doesn't seem to be the way they work. Maybe Baalke and Harbaugh were playing the Seahawks. We don't know. They did, after all, get a receiver who will be nails all season, a receiver who was lights out in the playoffs, a very tough competitor who fights for every reception, and they got him for a sixth round pick. Some would call that better value and smarter shopping.

Baalke wanted him at what price?
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

And you know that how? Isn't it possible that again, you're not giving Baalke credit for knowing what he's doing. I don't know what he's doing. I can only guess. And if I had to guess, I would say there is at least the possibility that the Niners expressed interest in Harvin to help drive his price up. After all, it's been five years since they spent any serious money on a free agent. That doesn't seem to be the way they work. Maybe Baalke and Harbaugh were playing the Seahawks. We don't know. They did, after all, get a receiver who will be nails all season, a receiver who was lights out in the playoffs, a very tough competitor who fights for every reception, and they got him for a sixth round pick. Some would call that better value and smarter shopping.

For the record I completely trust Baalke,seriously he's done nothing to make me think otherwise I'm just saying you're not giving credit for the player that Harvin is. If the Seahawks can make his salary work in their system then it is a very good move. Not for us, for them!
It's funny, because analysts seem to love this move by the Hawks to get them over the top. However, they gave up a 1st plus 2 additional picks for him and a $60 million deal. These same analysts call the Wallace to Miami deal a waste because they paid too much. Seems, for some reason, media wants the Seahawks to take over the west. Weird. I think we are a much more likable team.
Originally posted by VANiner:
It's funny, because analysts seem to love this move by the Hawks to get them over the top. However, they gave up a 1st plus 2 additional picks for him and a $60 million deal. These same analysts call the Wallace to Miami deal a waste because they paid too much. Seems, for some reason, media wants the Seahawks to take over the west. Weird. I think we are a much more likable team.

Oh no the 49ers some how are the evil of the NFL.... No idea why but for some reason people like to look at the Hawks like some special team of alter boys, I remember after the Seahawks redskins game when Sherman got b***hslapped like he deserved and they made him seem like he was some innocent child that had just been brutally abuse by his parents.
There's no "vs" there. Boldin's a has been, Harvin's a playmaker just priming.

Yeah a has been, that just "has been" to the Super Bowl and left a Super Bowl Champion largely because of him.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
There's no "vs" there. Boldin's a has been, Harvin's a playmaker just priming.

Has been what? The post season Boldin had was one of his best stretches in his career.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Boldin is a WR. Percy Harvin is the Reggie Bush of WRs. He will be SEA swiss army knife

Just think those guys aren't worth that much. Percy is a gimmick player. I can appreciate his abilities but he's not built to run the football between the tackles and as far as punt and kick return duties, if he's doin it consistently I think the injury chance is too high.. As a whole, our recieving/Te core is no worse than Seattle. Boldin and Percy have their own intangibles, it's hard to pick the 'better,' player..
Originally posted by pd24:
Has been what? The post season Boldin had was one of his best stretches in his career.

He has been a Super Bowl champion............................................Just about a month and a half ago.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Deon Branch was Super Bowl MVP. So what. Bolden is good but he's no Harvin
Share 49ersWebzone