There are 194 users in the forums

Boldin versus Harvin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
throw LMJ in the slot, there's our Harvin.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
throw LMJ in the slot, there's our Harvin.

THIS
Harvin is a great WR....but big name? I dunno..he's yet to get a single 1000 yard season. He might do it this season..he's talented enough...but how do you become a big name without already have done it.
[ Edited by Jakemall on Mar 16, 2013 at 10:20 AM ]
Originally posted by baltien:
"More dynamic" doesn't necessarily translate to in game performance.

Boldin is far and away the better receiver of the two. At this point, I don't see how anyone could argue the opposite.

Harvin is faster and more versatile true, but he's injury prone and in my opinion at least, his wider skill set doesn't make up for his other shortcomings.

This! Boldin went toe to toe with Fitzgerald at his prime and held his own. IMO boldin is a bigger more physical (albeit slower) Crabtree. He attacks the ball with strong hands and isn't afraid to go up and get it.
[ Edited by CO9er4life on Mar 16, 2013 at 10:46 AM ]
Boldins playoffs out weigh everything harvin has done in his career college or pros
  • thl408
Both WRs are better fits for their actual teams than the other team (that made no sense). Harvin will excel in the Hawks offense because when Wilson starts scrambling around and the defense starts to break down, Harvin will find himself in space against a LB and Wilson will find him on a dump off type of pass. Then Harvin uses his quickness in space to get YAC.

Boldin has the hands to reel in Kap's hardest lasers. When the window is tight, Kap can fit the pass in, and Boldin excels reeling in those type of passes with his body control.

No doubt Harvin is the more dynamic player provided he is healthy and when looking at them in a vacuum. But when you consider the salaries, the history of health, and the price each team paid to acquire them, Boldin is the more known commodity and is the better acquisition.
[ Edited by thl408 on Mar 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM ]
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
They kicked our butt! Don't see how anyone can argue otherwise. Yet again we go for the cheap option.

Yes, and now truekingcarlos! will give us a couple of examples of teams that have spent big money making an early splash in free agency bringing in the best and most expensive free agents and translating that into enduring success!

Let's have it truekingcarlos! Since you are such an expert in things like this, I'm sure you can give us some examples. What team making an early and expensive splash in free agency has gone on to continued success lately? We anxiously await wisdom from the True King!
3 bigg things making boldin better #1 only cost us a 6th round pick not a 1st ++ #2 not a head case N boldin still a starter with a headache N #3 only 6mill last yr of his deal not 11+ million for next 6 yrs
Boldin- 1 SB Ring (Legit cause he beasted that game)
Havin- 0 SB Rings

Id take Boldin Glad for our situation
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Boldin is a WR. Percy Harvin is the Reggie Bush of WRs. He will be SEA swiss army knife

Perfectly said... Harvin is very dangerous when used right. If anyone isn't respecting what P. Carroll can do especially when he has a new shiny toy will be sorely surprised. One thing Harbaugh and Carroll do very well and that is bringing the best out of each player and being creative in exploiting their toys. I do not believe P. Harvin will be the main piece to the chess board but will be that nagging fly that you cant seem to swat.

We can all hope that P. Carroll uses him as effectively as he was used on the Vikings where, when they beat the Niners last season, Ponder had one of his best days and Harvin torched the Niners for an amazing zero touchdowns.
I can't lie I was licking my chops at the idea of harvin in red and gold with Kap Vernon Crabtree James and co.. So it hit me hard when sea got him. I think they just flat outbid us.
And the more I think about boldin and Crabtree lining up opposite each other the more I like it. They are both everydown receivers who have a physical edge . We will be so versatile running or passing and crabbie and boldin are the kina guys who we need to brawl for four quarters against Seattles comers of unusual size. They will also open up the passing game for guys like Jenkins Williams manningham. I think we could have let him get released and signed him cheaper and maybe we had to do something quick en liu of the harvin deal. But overall I like it. Harbaugh got his blue collar hardworking guy.. Pete Carroll got his flashy but risky and volatile player. I still ask myself tho. Who gonna cover harvin. He bad
Well, somebody covered him when the Vikings played the Niners last season because had had no touchdowns. He did have 9 receptions for 89 yards, but no touchdowns. That's hardly owning the Niners secondary.
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
I can't lie I was licking my chops at the idea of harvin in red and gold with Kap Vernon Crabtree James and co.. So it hit me hard when sea got him. I think they just flat outbid us.
And the more I think about boldin and Crabtree lining up opposite each other the more I like it. They are both everydown receivers who have a physical edge . We will be so versatile running or passing and crabbie and boldin are the kina guys who we need to brawl for four quarters against Seattles comers of unusual size. They will also open up the passing game for guys like Jenkins Williams manningham. I think we could have let him get released and signed him cheaper and maybe we had to do something quick en liu of the harvin deal. But overall I like it. Harbaugh got his blue collar hardworking guy.. Pete Carroll got his flashy but risky and volatile player. I still ask myself tho. Who gonna cover harvin. He bad

I think getting a guy like Harvin can benefit any team, especially the 9ers....but giving up a 1st rounder makes you think twice....we got a bunch of draft picks with a chance to dominate in future with a reload of young guys willing to play for a great coaching staff...I really like the Boldin trade, especially since we gave up only a sixth round pick
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
We can all hope that P. Carroll uses him as effectively as he was used on the Vikings where, when they beat the Niners last season, Ponder had one of his best days and Harvin torched the Niners for an amazing zero touchdowns.

Didn't he have like 175 total yards though.
Share 49ersWebzone