LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Boldin versus Harvin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
He seems pretty firmly entrenched in the 3rd round right now, after being a presumed 1st rounder during his LSU heyday. So yeah there are character concerns, but I think at that point and with our picks you take the risk. Other than character, the biggest thing keeping him from the elite CB conversation is his size, but as a slot CB and punt returner, he's a prototypical fit. Big-time play-maker.

He's just what this team needs. Taking a guy with character concerns shouldn't be a huge deal with Whitner, Cowboy, and Willis there to keep him straight.
Originally posted by shaneblonien:
He's just what this team needs. Taking a guy with character concerns shouldn't be a huge deal with Whitner, Cowboy, and Willis there to keep him straight.

Good point. Justin has seemed to straighten out Aldon a little. I just dont think were gunna pick him up unless he falls into the 3rd possibly even the 4th even though Donatell seems to like the kid.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Yup

But for a younger boldin at the same cost I would still take a purer wr in Boldin then a much more talented version of ted ginn. Based purely off of what we already have on the team. Maybe Im crazy but thats just the way i feel.
[ Edited by LoneWolf on Mar 15, 2013 at 11:52 PM ]
Stop trying to argue with me. I agree with you.

I just think right now Harvin is clearly the more talented player (but that comes with question marks and a high price tag/picks). Boldin in his prime would s**t on Harvin IMHO.

Dammit I wanted to argue with someone and it seems like everyone has disappeared from the zone lol. Living in another time zone sucks.
Originally posted by VANiner:
Agreed. I just remembered that hit and had to make mention of what a stud Boldin is. My head would have literally exploded if that happened to me...

He broke his face on that hit. He was on the injury report for a couple weeks. The report said out (face). He missed a couple weeks if I recall correctly. Most receivers would think about a change of career after that. Boldin is indeed one tough dude.
Harvin, wish we would have traded for him. As 49er fans, I know yall going to throw every negative at Harvin and downplay it but the truth is that he is young and true playmaker.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Stop trying to argue with me. I agree with you.

I just think right now Harvin is clearly the more talented player (but that comes with question marks and a high price tag/picks). Boldin in his prime would s**t on Harvin IMHO.

Dammit I wanted to argue with someone and it seems like everyone has disappeared from the zone lol. Living in another time zone sucks.

nuh uh you're wrong
Better player? Harvin.

Which move will make their respective team better? Boldin trade IMO, because we didn't give up much for him. We still have our first pick and then some.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Mar 16, 2013 at 2:30 AM ]
Originally posted by ninermedic:
nuh uh you're wrong

Uh huh it does too. Almost as bad as the seahawks.
harvin is good but they lost the 1st rounder for him so they got one good player but missed out on another. we traded a 6th for boldin and still have our first rounder. two good players>one good player. both will contribute big time this year but were building for sustained success while seattle is trying to win a sb right now and they arent worried about the impending salary cap hell they brought on themselves with all their signings.

They kicked our butt! Don't see how anyone can argue otherwise. Yet again we go for the cheap option.
I really rather have boldin, he's got amazing hands and will out fight for that ball. Besides the vikings gave him up rather than giving him a big payday and gave that payday to jennings, that's got to say something that he's just a hugh headach. He's to much of a diva we already have one in crabtree.

Thing is when i look at the hawks, I just see a lot of big ego guys, lynch, golden, harvin, russel, sherman, carrol. I hope they tank and blow up on each other.
[ Edited by TheGoldDiggerrrr on Mar 16, 2013 at 5:37 AM ]
I'm happy with Boldin. He's big, physical and cheaper. His career with us will be shorter than Harvins with the Seahawks but he is no headache. He will be a solid #2 and help us in the red zone. For just a 6th rounder? It's a great deal.
"More dynamic" doesn't necessarily translate to in game performance.

Boldin is far and away the better receiver of the two. At this point, I don't see how anyone could argue the opposite.

Harvin is faster and more versatile true, but he's injury prone and in my opinion at least, his wider skill set doesn't make up for his other shortcomings.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
They kicked our butt! Don't see how anyone can argue otherwise. Yet again we go for the cheap option.

I would have loved to see Harvin in our offense. But if we gave up three picks, including a first, plus $60 mil, I would not have been happy. You decide to invest that much in one player from another team, and you destroy the cohesion that you are building in your own locker room. Next year, we will be looking to extend Kap, Crabtree, A. Davis, A. Smith and Iupati. That is tough enough in itself. It would be impossible if we broke the bank on one or two FAs or in a trade for a Harvin. Personally, I like keeping the core of the team together.
Share 49ersWebzone