There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Boldin versus Harvin

As the two "big name" WRs that were acquired by us and the Hawks, I would say that there is no question Harvin is the more dynamic player who can score from anywhere on the field. He will cause us problems on the field, and also cause the Hawks problems in the locker room.

One thing I gotta point out regarding what I like about Boldin even if he is gettin a little slow...do you all remember when Boldin got absolutely crushed by a helmet to helmet hit a few years back when he was with AZ? It was the hardest helmet to helmet hit I have ever seen. When Boldin hit the ground, his arms remained pointing towards the sky while he was out cold for at least 10 seconds. If I remember correctly, he wound up getting like 40 screws in this face from that hit. Scary thing is...he was playing THREE weeks later. How long would "Headache Harvin" have been out if he had taken that hit? Probably three years.
I think we can get more out of our 1st round pick than Seattle did in that trade. We got Boldin on the cheap and they paid out the ass for Harvin. Not worried about that little dwarf we will get more out of our draft and Boldin is just a bonus.
Agreed. I just remembered that hit and had to make mention of what a stud Boldin is. My head would have literally exploded if that happened to me...
Anquan Boldin is one of the toughest players I have ever seen on a football field. The guy fights for every reception. He's got hands like a vise. He was never fast. I think his combine 40 was something like 4.7. I am so happy that Boldin is our veteran receiver this year as opposed to Randy Moss. Boldin will give 100% every single play. Boldin will block. He will fight. Kaepernick will learn that he can throw to him when he's covered and still get key receptions because Boldin will just muscle it down.

Harvin? Harvin is a much bigger gamble than Boldin. Boldin isn't even a gamble. Harvin has a history of injury and motivational problems while playing on an artificial surface in a warm dome. Now he goes to an artificial surface that is outside, cold, wet and slippery. Good luck with that, Pete!
Screw the SeaChickens. I will take Boldin @ 6 million this year and only lose a 6th round pick, over Harvin and his insane contract and the 3 draft picks they gave up. The chickens are all in for this year, because unless I am wrong they are already pretty much at the cap for next year, and that doesn't include the money that Sherman and others are going to want.

Chris
They're on tap for something like 12 mil next year for Harvin alone so, yeah, they're going all in for this year. If it doesn't work out, they're kind of screwed. I expect the Niners to play the entire season in a pissed off mood. I expect the Niners to bring it constantly next year because of how close they came to winning it all last season. They're going to be playing angry. Kaepernick is on a mission. Justin Smith will be a maniac. They've got a load of draft picks. I'm expecting an epic season.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They're on tap for something like 12 mil next year for Harvin alone so, yeah, they're going all in for this year. If it doesn't work out, they're kind of screwed. I expect the Niners to play the entire season in a pissed off mood. I expect the Niners to bring it constantly next year because of how close they came to winning it all last season. They're going to be playing angry. Kaepernick is on a mission. Justin Smith will be a maniac. They've got a load of draft picks. I'm expecting an epic season.

I agree 100%.
Boldin is a WR. Percy Harvin is the Reggie Bush of WRs. He will be SEA swiss army knife
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
I agree 100%.
this!!

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Boldin is a WR. Percy Harvin is the Reggie Bush of WRs. He will be SEA swiss army knife
and yeah thats scary
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
I agree 100%.
this!!

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Boldin is a WR. Percy Harvin is the Reggie Bush of WRs. He will be SEA swiss army knife
and yeah thats scary

Reggie Bush never fared too well vs us. I do however believe that Harvin will fare well with a QB like Russell Wilson because he will buy time for Harvin to make plays to an even greater extent that Ponder did in that game vs us. But as a pure WR, he is no match for Crabtree.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
I agree 100%.
this!!

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Boldin is a WR. Percy Harvin is the Reggie Bush of WRs. He will be SEA swiss army knife
and yeah thats scary

Reggie Bush never fared too well vs us. I do however believe that Harvin will fare well with a QB like Russell Wilson because he will buy time for Harvin to make plays to an even greater extent that Ponder did in that game vs us. But as a pure WR, he is no match for Crabtree.
Um, not that it matters, but Bush had one of his best games ever against us. 4 TDs and like 150 yards. For a while, it seemed every player had a career day versus us between 2004 and 2009. It was painful and thank god those days are over.
Originally posted by VANiner:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Originally posted by TexasNiner915:
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
I agree 100%.
this!!

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Boldin is a WR. Percy Harvin is the Reggie Bush of WRs. He will be SEA swiss army knife
and yeah thats scary

Reggie Bush never fared too well vs us. I do however believe that Harvin will fare well with a QB like Russell Wilson because he will buy time for Harvin to make plays to an even greater extent that Ponder did in that game vs us. But as a pure WR, he is no match for Crabtree.
Um, not that it matters, but Bush had one of his best games ever against us. 4 TDs and like 150 yards. For a while, it seemed every player had a career day versus us between 2004 and 2009. It was painful and thank god those days are over.

Oh yeah, I forgot about those Nolantary days. I'm getting old
seahawks got the better player but we got the best value. We pay 5 million (i think its 5 million) less, we keep our 1st, and we acquired a big body receiver. Checkmate
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM ]
Once defenses learn how to contain Wilson in the pocket Harvin will be virtually useless because Wilsons size limits him on how much of a window he has to throw. Ponder was 6'2 he was able to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to harvin without waiting for the oline to open a lane for him so harvin had more time to get open in Minn the he will in Sea unless they magically get an oline as strong as ours. Boldin benefits any team hes on because hes tougher then nails, he goes after the ball no matter where it is, he blocks and he has a very strong team first mentality. Some say he lost a step but he was never fast to begin with he always has been the receiver that outmuscles the defense for the ball. As long as he keeps the toughness i could care less about him not being quite as quick as when he was with the cards. He will be a huge advantage in 3rd downds and the redzone. I cant wait to see him make a b***h out of Browner or Sherman cuz they wont be ready for a receiver like him.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Once defenses learn how to contain Wilson in the pocket Harvin will be virtually useless because Wilsons size limits him on how much of a window he has to throw. Ponder was 6'2 he was able to stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to harvin without waiting for the oline to open a lane for him so harvin had more time to get open in Minn the he will in Sea unless they magically get an oline as strong as ours. Boldin benefits any team hes on because hes tougher then nails, he goes after the ball no matter where it is, he blocks and he has a very strong team first mentality. Some say he lost a step but he was never fast to begin with he always has been the receiver that outmuscles the defense for the ball. As long as he keeps the toughness i could care less about him not being quite as quick as when he was with the cards. He will be a huge advantage in 3rd downds and the redzone. I cant wait to see him make a b***h out of Browner or Sherman cuz they wont be ready for a receiver like him.

yea i hope boldin can do good against browner and sherman but in 2011 when ravens went up against seahawks Boldin only had 2 catches for 22 yeards and no TDs =/ i hope there were some factors playing into that quiet day for boldin
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home