There are 155 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed LB Dan Skuta to a two-year contract.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by BayArea:
I must be the only one who has no idea who the f**k these people are. Hopefully somebody good though....

Special teams ace.

Almost forgot we signed this dude.
and is a more than respectable back up inside linebacker, great blue collar high motor multitasker the coaches love
I miss Larry Grant...
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I miss Larry Grant...

me too

Grant >>>> Gooden
Were grant go doe
This guy is going to be one hell of a good special teamer / rotating OLB
This guy has played awesome.

See him set the edge on one play, force the RB back inside and then shed the block to make the tackle. Dude was beasting.
dude played very well on Sunday. Not just rushing Newton, but in pass coverage too.
Yeah Cinci fans said wasn't good at ILB but was ST ace. Well we made the right move moving him to OLB where he doesn't have to be as quick (in the 3-4). He sets the edge well and can generate a little bit of pressure. Much better than the guy who we thought was a ST ace and a #5, maybe #4 OLB.
And people were crying when they traded Haralson and Sickle Cell. Guess the coaching staff knew what they were doing with Skuta and Lemonade.
He had a stellar game last Sunday.

Our back-up LB are pretty good. Wilhoit has also played very well.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Disp:
And people were crying when they traded Haralson and Sickle Cell. Guess the coaching staff knew what they were doing with Skuta and Lemonade.

i cried about haralson but got over it in three days, the sickle cell guy did not mean anything to me,, i always liked the skuta signing
Played well, but there's no tape on him. At the moment he's a one on one match up guy. Watch when Aldon went in on the Panthers. There was never less than two guys assigned to him and the blocking usually shifted his way. Skuta's a solid back up, but that's about it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He had a stellar game last Sunday.

Our back-up LB are pretty good. Wilhoit has also played very well.

Agree
I was unfairly hard on him in preseason...he proved his worth and his potential when given a true opportunity...unlike alot of players.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 12, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
He seemed to play witb more fire with Aldon back, good to see. Let those guys push each other for playing time, makes everybody better