There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed LB Dan Skuta to a two-year contract.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-sign-skuta-two-year-contract

7 minute interview with beat writers in the link above. Apparently he played RB in high school and a little bit in college, came in as short yardage RB for Cinci in 2010 during one pre-season and I think Baalke wanted it hush hush but he could be backup FB to Miller.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 15, 2013 at 1:09 PM ]
CHAMPS
Leave it to Baalke...he finds these unknown diamonds. Obviously great scouting work...this guy sounds like the ultimate teammate. Despite all the whining about TB potentially signing Woodson or Asomugha or even Reed, the two guys he's signed so far are 26 and just entering their prime.
so do you guys think Scuta and Wilhoit replace Grant and Gooden?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

AS the backup LB's? No way. Grant and Gooden are both better LB's and are pretty good on ST's too, especially Tavares. Plus T-goody has awesome tackle celebrations.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Our NEW Blake Constanzo

• cciowa
  • Veteran

so far i do not think they have visited anyone. if i were a team i would take a look at them but if not, wonder if they come back to us on another one year deal?
They really suffered on special teams after the loss and trade of Colin Jones and Costanzo. This hopefully goes a long way towards correcting that. HarBaalke doing work.
Should've paid Constanzo. Hopefully this guy fills the void. If he can block as a fullback, even better.
Smart, sound signing. Not only do we have a front office that is proactive in filling our holes, but also admits mistakes. This may offset the loss of Blake Constanzo.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like this signing and all, but I'm tired of see this damn thread.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Our NEW Blake Constanzo

bingo

Kinda seems like it's going that direction. I'm wondering what Grant and Gooden want, contract wise
We needed the ST coverage help. It declined without Costanzo.