Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Manningham heading no where, lowers base salary

Congrats AB, that's really cool!
AB scoops the 49er insider!!!!!!!!!

Good job
[ Edited by 99problems on Mar 14, 2013 at 4:36 PM ]
Hey AB, check out the story on nfl.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150873/article/mario-manningham-reportedly-accepts-49ers-pay-cut

Here's your shoutout:

" An NFL source tells Comcast SportsNet Bay Area that Manningham agreed to a $1.8 million pay cut in his 2013 base salary to ensure that he remains in San Francisco for another season"
Originally posted by da9ers:
Can we get a appreciation letter sent to MM for this move form the Zone, the guys been great team player and not a total as the Brandon was.

u can write him a letter if u want, im not thanking a professional athlete for playing a game for millions of dollars...unless that athlete is Jerry Rice, Steve Young or Joe Montana lol
And PFT messed up your name. What's up Jay.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/manningham-accepts-pay-cut

For those who are wondering, my name is the guy on that article, Jason Hurley.

I am just so thankful I was given credit by Maiocco. It feels great.

I sent this link to him and said ur always on point. Guess he followed up and confirmed
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Can we get a appreciation letter sent to MM for this move form the Zone, the guys been great team player and not a total as the Brandon was.

u can write him a letter if u want, im not thanking a professional athlete for playing a game for millions of dollars...unless that athlete is Jerry Rice, Steve Young or Joe Montana lol

Still it's the nature of the beast. He is just another piece of it not his fault that the salaries are so high. In the context he is taking a pretty admirable hit for the greater good of the team. Even if it is for an absurd amount of money just to play a game.
You're "officially" "confirmed" as a "source" now!
Originally posted by iLL49er:

I sent this link to him and said ur always on point. Guess he followed up and confirmed

A shoutout from the Niners preeminent beat writer, that's dynamite. When CSNBA published a personal column of mine during the 2011 playoffs, it was a really rewarding experience.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Saw the twitter retweet.... Was like oh s**t Jason is on the inter webs

lol, yeah I got me on the inter webs finally. BTW haven't heard from you in a while, PM me you number, and I can shot you a text sometime. I know you're probably busy, but still.

almost done with school, 3 months and I can make some cash
Originally posted by BayArea:

Still it's the nature of the beast. He is just another piece of it not his fault that the salaries are so high. In the context he is taking a pretty admirable hit for the greater good of the team. Even if it is for an absurd amount of money just to play a game.

He also did it for the greater good of himself. His injury made him a question mark. Question marks who are paid well, tend to get cut. If he got cut, it would be very hard for him to get picked up by another team because their doctors would have to go through a process of looking at his knee.
Congrats AB83Rules! Breaking the story open. Read it here on the thread first then saw it at PFT later.
Oh s**t AB is making it big time!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by BayArea:

He also did it for the greater good of himself. His injury made him a question mark. Question marks who are paid well, tend to get cut. If he got cut, it would be very hard for him to get picked up by another team because their doctors would have to go through a process of looking at his knee.

I get what you are saying so don't get me wrong. Hard to imagine him not getting more somewhere else. After all his injury did kind of come from a low blow cheap shot type hit. I wouldn't put so much weight on that injury alone given it could happen to anybody and isn't really his fault.