LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

If you had to pick ONE, Ball Hawking FS or Shutdown CB?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

If you had to pick ONE, Ball Hawking FS or Shutdown CB?

• TJA85
  • Veteran
Both are positions of needs, but if you were given one choice, which would you take?
Shutdown Corner
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
I choose Ronnie Lot.
On our current roster, i would take the S.

I think the CB position is more solid than the S position on our roster currently.
Originally posted by fropwns:
I choose Ronnie Lot.

negative, with the rules now he wouldnt be allowed to play after one of his hits.
Monster pass rush. Makes everybody's job in the secondary much easier.
Shutdown CB. There is a reason why they get paid the big bucks.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by rxrunner:
I choose Ronnie Lot.

negative, with the rules now he wouldnt be allowed to play after one of his hits.

You forget, he was both. An excellent corner and a dude that brought the lumber.
Originally posted by rxrunner:
I choose Ronnie Lot.

You forget, he was both. An excellent corner and a dude that brought the lumber.

yea i would love to have him play, he would only last one lumber play, once he drops some one he would be banned from playing the game.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
But think of that play! He would have to save it for the perfect psychological effect. Then, after the play, he can go over to their sideline and lop off one of his digits!

Totally agree w/Ghost.

Our secondary were very good to excellent when our pass rush had the heat on. When the heat was off - they got exposed. Just look at the Pats game. It tells te story.

First half when Justin was in - we were kicking the daylights out of the. The 2nd half w/very little pressure on Brady - we almost lost the game.

IMO, fix the DLine rotation and our secondary will shine. Getting better players who can cover better would also seal the deal.
  • TJA85
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That's also why I wanted to bring it up. You choose a Shutdown Corner and pay him
big $$$ knowing you'd have to extend Crabtree, Kap, Iupati, Davis and many more? Or a good safety (who will also command a decent amount of money but not as much as a CB).
I choose Ronnie Lot.

i choose leon sandcastle
Originally posted by TJA85:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

That's also why I wanted to bring it up. You choose a Shutdown Corner and pay him
big $$$ knowing you'd have to extend Crabtree, Kap, Iupati, Davis and many more? Or a good safety (who will also command a decent amount of money but not as much as a CB).

Ahh I see. Generally speaking I would take a shutdown CB over a ballhawking safety. But in our specific situation, I don't want to pay big $$$ to either position because of the future extensions you just mentioned.
I would choose Ed Reed in his prime over Revis island
Share 49ersWebzone