LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

I hope Dorsey and Woodson walk into 49ers headquarters and come out as 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
If we sign Woodson, the next domino to fall is to trade for Revis.

Stop playing with my emotions!!

Total speculation on my part, but we have more picks than we're going to make, and we clearly have a desire to revamp our secondary. I can see that deal happening more so than signing a free agent corner.

I agree we have extra picks this year & next year

Total speculation on my part, but we have more picks than we're going to make, and we clearly have a desire to revamp our secondary. I can see that deal happening more so than signing a free agent corner.

How do we pay for him?
Originally posted by captnkos:
How do we pay for him?

I would prefer either Reed or the younger Pollard

How do we pay for him?

His cap number is only $6M for this year. You can cut Rogers and essentially replace him with Revis and it's pretty much a wash, or you can extend him (which lowers his 2013 cap number and spreads out the hit over the length of the deal).

How do we pay for him?

Damn, the zone servers are blowin up....
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 13, 2013 at 1:38 PM ]
Why? They are scrubs. We used to have better players on our team at the same positions.
We're getting a little heavy on vets that are past their prime, but there's no denying Woodson can make a big contribution
Originally posted by carioca49er:
We're getting a little heavy on vets that are past their prime, but there's no denying Woodson can make a big contribution

He can be a good ball hawk, but against a team with speed, we'd be in trouble.
Originally posted by robniner:

Pollard isn't a significant upgrade over whitner.

Yes but see those guys will be gone and younger cheaper guys will eventually take their place after they soak them for every last ounce of knowledge they have left.

That's the plan. We didn't stockpile all these draft picks if the plan was just to get older. That's makes no sense.

Woodson is way too old for me. He just looks slow as hell out there. We torched him this year.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by robniner:

Pollard isn't a significant upgrade over whitner.

Boldin, Gonzo, and anyone else who caught a pass over Whitner disagree. I like him. He is tough as nails, but dude's height and coverage KILLED us.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Woodson is way too old for me. He just looks slow as hell out there. We torched him this year.

Dylan DeSimone ‏@DeSimone80
Really hoping Charles Woodson hasn't signed anything. Someone get an intern to hide all the pens in the office! #49ers
Yes with Dorsey, HELL NO TO WOODSON. Are you serious? The secondary requires athleticism and speed. At his age, he will get burned more often than not. Football is a young man's league. Hell no to Woodson
[ Edited by kronik on Mar 13, 2013 at 4:41 PM ]
The thing Woodson can provide would be veteran leadership with postseason experience.
Share 49ersWebzone