LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

I hope Dorsey and Woodson walk into 49ers headquarters and come out as 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Goldson is a bigger hitter BUT WOODSON is NIGHT AND DAY A BETTER COVER SAFETY and I'll even say Woodson is a better blitzer too, But I do love Goldsons effort and emotion he brought to the 49ers and we are gonna miss him. I do hope they sign woodson.
cosign
Book it !
Woodson also has the savvy to replace Goldson's role in adjustment calls.

Dorsey seems like a viable replacement for Soap, with Ian Williams stepping into the RJF multi-purpose backup role.

Plus there's the draft to add depth behind them.

Let's hope it works out.
Agree...Dorsey can be in the DL rotation and Woodson, even going on 37 is still one of the most gifted secondary defenders in the league. They'll most likely use him as a big-time mentor to whomever Baalke drafts, much in the same way Moss did our young WR's.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
got no issue with it. they can more than fill the hole created by some over rated and over payed players in my opinion. plus as we all know the team will or should add at least two d line guys in the draft and a safety in the draft.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
is woodson better than goldson in coverage?

hes more consistant
and he will not cost us 15 yards on a regular basis
I love both Dorsey and Woodson as additions to our recently depleted defense. Dorsey can play all three line positions and is stout against the run. Woodson is a reliable and dependent safety to fill the shoes of best niner safety since Ronnie Lott.
Get Woodson and Dorsey, draft a CB in the first round, and a safety in the 2nd or 3rd to groom for the next two years.
Both Woodson & Dorsey are at the Niners facility as we speak, per Matt Barrows.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by blm7754:
I don't want Wood (no pun intended)

At this stage of his career he isn't worth more than a 1 year deal at the vet minimum (which I don't think he'll take).

He definitely isn't worth the $11M he was due to be paid this year for the Packers, but he isn't exactly a stiff. He's still worth at least $2.5-$4M on a 1 year deal.

Agreed. It would be a smart move, cap wise. You don't have a long term obligation to him and can still draft a rookie to come in and sit behind him to take over the following year.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Agreed. It would be a smart move, cap wise. You don't have a long term obligation to him and can still draft a rookie to come in and sit behind him to take over the following year.
and charles also does not want to spend his last two years chasing ck around! he would rather be on the inside of the tent
Dorsey would replace Soap on the D line. He's alot younger with more upside. But I still see us drafting a true NT.
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Dorsey would replace Soap on the D line. He's alot younger with more upside. But I still see us drafting a true NT.

This. Its unquestionable that Dorsey plays better on the inside but I'd still like to see the 49ers draft someone like Brandon Williams as their long-term NT solution.
I'm good with Dorsey but not so hype about Woodson but it's not much out there there they can afford at that position.
Share 49ersWebzone