There are 198 users in the forums

49ers Wish List: Choose 2

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Obviously whatever the 49ers decided to do in the FA will dictate the direction they want to take in the draft. So, if you have a chance to be Baalke or JH, pick your wish for each category: What would your be?

49ers Own FA: Goldson and Walker
FA: J. Cribbs / DE/OLB Abraham
Draft: CB Jamar Taylor/ DT Jonh Jenkins or DE Margus Hunt
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Goldson, Abraham, Jenkins
Originally posted by jrg:
Goldson, Abraham, Jenkins

I'll be satisfy if this happens too.
If Goldson doesn't sign then I wish for this:
Rick J Francios / Cromartie
Cribs /Abraham
Elam or Reid /Jenkins
Delmas, Cribbs, Jones
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
Obviously whatever the 49ers decided to do in the FA will dictate the direction they want to take in the draft. So, if you have a chance to be Baalke or JH, pick your wish for each category: What would your be?

That's choose 3 lol.

49ers own: bye bye Goldson, bye bye DWalk if you think we're going to give you a big deal... If DWalk accepts the same yearly with bigger incentives, re-signed.

FA: Neither. Brian Hartline/Devery Henderson/Danny Amendola/Wes Welker are all better choices than Cribbs/Wallace/Harvin. Cliff Avril/Desmond Bryant both better choices than an aging Abraham

Draft: S Jonathan Cyprien, perhaps Hunt or Alex Okafer to set up at DE or spell Aldon, Ahmad and Parys (if he comes back).
[ Edited by mkmasn on Mar 10, 2013 at 10:16 PM ]
Originally posted by mkmasn:

That's choose 3 lol.

49ers own: bye bye Goldson, bye bye DWalk if you think we're going to give you a big deal... If DWalk accepts the same yearly with bigger incentives, re-signed.

FA: Neither. Brian Hartline/Devery Henderson/Danny Amendola/Wes Welker are all better choices than Cribbs/Wallace/Harvin. Cliff Avril/Desmond Bryant both better choices than an aging Abraham

Draft: S Jonathan Cyprien, perhaps Hunt or Alex Okafer to set up at DE or spell Aldon, Ahmad and Parys (if he comes back).

In FA: Cribbs will help spec. teams immediately, cost less and is more versatile. Abraham could spell Aldon and Brooks.
In Draft: 49ers need DB and DL depth and starters. They will cost less too and much younger.

That's choose 3 lol.

Not cap room wise they aren't better options. Hartline already agreed to a $30.8 million deal with Miami. Cribbs brings return ability that we need. Plus guys like Henderson, Amendola and Welker will cost too much, same for Avril, he wants to start, he wouldn't here.

Mine, bye bye Goldson, not a $8M a yr Safety. RJF isn't a 4-5M a yr DT, I want to keep both Grant and Gooden on 3 year deals. Get Cribbs, Delmas would be the only FA signing besides Cribbs and Josh Johnson.
Draft: I would be stoke if 49ers drafted any of these 3: John Jenkins, Jessie Williams, and Margus Hunt.

That's choose 3 lol.

In FA: Cribbs will help spec. teams immediately, cost less and is more versatile. Abraham could spell Aldon and Brooks.
In Draft: 49ers need DB and DL depth and starters. They will cost less too and much younger.

Cribbs will be Ginn 2.0... Worthless except for the return game.

49ers need more help at S and DL, since by most counts, Goldson is gone, and Whitner is probably gone next season... Abraham is old... 34 years old. Turning 35 in two months... Why are we going to get another aging vet to provide depth? Why not draft a young kid and let him learn, since whoever we bring in is only going to play about 25% of the snaps this year...

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

That's choose 3 lol.

Not cap room wise they aren't better options. Hartline already agreed to a $30.8 million deal with Miami. Cribbs brings return ability that we need. Plus guys like Henderson, Amendola and Welker will cost too much, same for Avril, he wants to start, he wouldn't here.

Mine, bye bye Goldson, not a $8M a yr Safety. RJF isn't a 4-5M a yr DT, I want to keep both Grant and Gooden on 3 year deals. Get Cribbs, Delmas would be the only FA signing besides Cribbs and Josh Johnson.

Devery Henderson wont be expensive at all... and assuming hes got some left in the tank, would be a good replacement for Moss. Didn't know Hartline signed. Amendola made 2mil last year... that's not expensive...

Again, Cribbs is another Ginn 2.0. When he got injured, our ST production didn't drop off this year... Plus, Hunter is back from injury, meaning LMJ can return.......

That's choose 3 lol.

Devery Henderson wont be expensive at all... and assuming hes got some left in the tank, would be a good replacement for Moss. Didn't know Hartline signed. Amendola made 2mil last year... that's not expensive...

Again, Cribbs is another Ginn 2.0. When he got injured, our ST production didn't drop off this year... Plus, Hunter is back from injury, meaning LMJ can return.......
Cribbs could do more than Ginn and be an extra reciever too. He will cost less and 49ers could use him for 2 years at least. I want a veteran DE like Abraham for this year only to make run at SB again. I think fatigue played a big part on 49ers struggle towards the end of the sason and playoffs.

That's choose 3 lol.

Cribbs could do more than Ginn and be an extra reciever too. He will cost less and 49ers could use him for 2 years at least. I want a veteran DE like Abraham for this year only to make run at SB again. I think fatigue played a big part on 49ers struggle towards the end of the sason and playoffs.

What kind of receiver is Cribbs going to be? He's 29 and never had more than 550 yards in a season... Ginn is 27, broke 700 yards with the Dolphins. If you want a return man, you find a receiver who can return, not a return man who might be able to catch a pass. In any real action, Cribbs has a 30-50% incompletion rate. So does Ginn...

Yea, fatigue did play a big part... so why are you going to pick up an old guy with not much left in the tank as opposed to a younger guy with all the endurance in the world?
Abraham doesn't need to play much. I want a veteran, lots of expereince, knows Atlanta, Saints, Gb, and the league very well. He still has the skills. 49ers could draft someone in the later rounds at 5th for a future backup.
Abraham doesn't need to play much. I want a veteran, lots of expereince, knows Atlanta, Saints, Gb, and the league very well. He still has the skills. 49ers could draft someone in the later rounds at 5th for a future backup.

Why? Signing Abraham would likely be one year, maybe two, depending on performance. Drafting a guy with #31 or #34 gives us the same depth, but insures us for the future. And you could still draft a guy in the 5th.

If he still had the goods, why would ATL, a SB contender, release him instead of renegotiating his 3 year $16 million contract (which he signed at the beginning of the 2012 season)?
[ Edited by mkmasn on Mar 10, 2013 at 11:45 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone