There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

A Football Life - Tom Landry and the 2013 SF 49ers

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by kidash98:
Nothing is wrong with our offensive philosophy, IMO. We just need to execute better. No need to "dumb" it down.

execution is exactly what this team lacked in the championship game and superbowl.
Practice, Practice, Practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by CityKing415:
a simplified approach I wish we would have done is ran gore all 4 downs..he was on fire

We always get away from the running game.... This is the one thing that pisses me off, if it's jim or Roman I don't know but motherf**ker no ngata run the rock! Still think had we put it in gore's hands we would have won, colin has talent and he's still figuring out how to be a great qb, so give it to gore on all 4 downs just power it right behind mike we would have won... f**king b******t!!!
The entire premise of this thread is perplexing to me. Why do so many fans think that the reason the Niners didn't go all the way is offense, when the offense averaged 35 points a game in the playoffs? The reason the Niners don't have a sixth ring is that the defense broke down at the end of the season. Period. The defense surrendered more points than any Niner team making it to the Super Bowl ever. That's why you will be watching them go defense, defense, defense in this next draft. The defense is what needs fixing, not the offense.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home