There are 264 users in the forums

do we have our pass rusher

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sure they'll be given a chance to fill that role, however I doubt the team is gonna put all their faith in them. That's why we're looking at Abraham and why we'll probably draft a pass rusher with our 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round picks.
Originally posted by MarkD:
Yes Cam Johnson was originally suppose to be a #1 pick last year. However off the field issues and injuries dropped him a lot in the draft. He has all the tools to be a good pass rusher. I believe 2013 he will show up.

He was supposed to be a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder, questions about his motor, character issues and his sickle cell trait caused him to drop.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I thought Fleming was drafted as a inside linebacker? ??

No, but he wasn't great as a pass-rusher in college either. If he turns out to be a less-expensive version of Haralson, I'm more than satisfied.
It's tough to project if Fleming or Johnson will become pass rushers. Abraham is a proven player. Anyone that's followed him since his Jet days know that many of his sacks come at crucial times. For the first time in his career he can come to a team and not have to play big minutes and be the main man. Fred Dean, Ricky Jackson, Chris Doleman, the Niners would bring in these guys and they would produce. Contract would probably not be a hurdle. Great pick-up.
I think OSI would be a great pick up he can rush from DE/DT position we can draft JENKINS NT AND A DE...pass rush OSI,MC D,SMITH,SMITH we need a 4 man rush watch OSI on you tube he has alot of moves and can rush from every position.I like brooks but he averages 6 sacks not good enough..if we can get 10 to 12 from the left de would be good
I may be wrong about this, but I don't think they would have taken Johnson off the practice squad and promoted him to the regular squad unless they were worried that another team was going to grab him. He's 6'3" and about 270. He ran about a 4.7 at the combine, but he was evidently not healthy. He could really come on strong this year.
Hmmm...wonder what Cedrick Hardman is doing...
I hope the niners do not spend valuable cap room on John Abraham. That guy is a bum. Hes an opportunistic tool. Against any decent OT he disappears. He can only pass rush.
Anyone remember his last year with the Jets? He was medically cleared to play and he decided to sit. This was a playoff game! Hes only worries about sack totals and leaves his teammates out to dry. The niners have to do their homework. It is possible to draft someone in the third or fourth round who can only rush the passer. I will be a little sick if they sign Abraham, second most overrated defensive player to Clay Matthews.
Share 49ersWebzone