There are 188 users in the forums

Would you trade for Revis if...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
All it took was the two draft picks we are getting from KC. In effect Alex for Revis???
No.
the most i would trade is our third. It's not going to happen, but yeah
trade back for AS
The most I would trade is one 2nd, that's it. nothing more for a player coming off an injury like that who relies on change of direction and speed.
I'd go #61 and a 4th or 5th.
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Yup . . . absolute ceiling
Originally posted by Marvin49:

Right, because then they can still get a good defensive lineman and a good safety with those first two picks. The thing is that they need to start building that defensive backfield for the future. Revis, if he's still the shut down guy he's been, could really make a difference this year, but that's all. They need to work on the future because with Kaepernick, they've got a potential elite QB running a potentially explosive offense for years to come.
  • thl408
He is purely a one year acquisition as I would not want Baalke to pour $10+ into the CB position in order to extend Revis.

The highest I'd go is the late 5th. It doesn't even make sense for the Jets to take that since they'd get a compensatory 3rd if he walks via UFA after 13-14.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
nowai

No.

~ Injured leg.
~ Huge salary.
~ Hasn't played like his peak in a while.
~ No guarantee he ever regains that form.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 7, 2013 at 3:58 PM ]
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
All it took was the two draft picks we are getting from KC. In effect Alex for Revis???

So what you are asking is this: If I sold a 5 dollar widget for 8 dollars, would I instead wish I would have traded that widget for a 5 dollar sprocket?

No.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Mar 7, 2013 at 4:10 PM ]
I would rather package the picks to move up and draft one of the top cb/s in the draft. Cheaper and younger than paying revis
I just dont like giving up a good pick for a 1 year rental. There is no way in hell he will get a 16 million dollar a year extension from the Niners (that is supposedly what he is looking for)
Share 49ersWebzone