There are 167 users in the forums

Good Justin Article

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by thenovemberrain:
Originally posted by KegBert:
He plays a 4-3 DE in their system and he is only 5-11 (brooks is 6-3 and aldon is 6-4). Do you think he would be able to transition to a 3-4 OLB?

oh I didn't know he was so short. But Bowman is 6'0 and Willis 6'1. I think he could if he wanted.

i am not 100% sure but werent his best yrs spent in a 3-4? he's a guy who plays well w/ leverage...robert mathis and freeney i think are short too

actually freeney is a FA too but he's rumored to go to denver to replace dumervil when they cut him

You bring up a good point with this. Rushing the passer is all about leverage. I guess the only reason height would be a detractor is if he was asked to drop into a zone often. James Harrison is only 6' and he's a hell of an OLB.
Strange question, but does anyone have or know where I can find Justin's combine arm-length measurement? Trying to compare him to other DE prospects... but can not find anywhere, and he no longer is taking my calls.
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Strange question, but does anyone have or know where I can find Justin's combine arm-length measurement? Trying to compare him to other DE prospects... but can not find anywhere, and he no longer is taking my calls.

Hey, Justin called earlier today...says he's really swamped right now but will call you back later this evening. He did say his left arm is slightly longer than his right...d/t to holding OL for Aldon.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Hey, Justin called earlier today...says he's really swamped right now but will call you back later this evening. He did say his left arm is slightly longer than his right...d/t to holding OL for Aldon.

might be my first audible chuckle from reading forums all day... ( that funny or is that just sad? )
might be my first audible chuckle from reading forums all day... ( that funny or is that just sad? )

That's funny!!!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
This year, the draft is the way to do it. I think lots of fans are missing the fact that this is a really lucky off season for the Niners. The draft is one of the heaviest in years in just the area the Niners need it to be.

Team of Destiny. We're 49ers, and super bowls are our god-given right.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
This is what some people don't seem to understand (in the thread about Kaepernick's potential extension). If Kaepernick is dominating defenses, it won't matter that we need to let good defenders walk away due to Kaep's huge cap figure (which will be coming our way shortly) because the offense will be putting up enough points and the defense won't need to be as dominant as it is/was. A dominant QB is worth the huge price tag.

Basically, I'm hoping that by the time Justin decides to hang it up, Kaepernick is already carrying the team on his shoulders.

No! we don't want a QB to carry a team
There needs to be a train of thought in the Niners Coaching staff of a rotation mainly with the front 3 of our D-Line that keeps these guys fresh all year and into the playoffs much the same that efforts have been made to keep Frank Gore fresh...
Share 49ersWebzone