LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

Who gets tagged?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
From what I understand, Alex will come off the books on March 12th. This will free up around $8 mil in cap space. No money to tag anyone right now, but with a few other possible cuts (Akers, Haralson, Goodwin) we should have enough cash to make some competitive offers to our FA's.
Boobie Dixon
McBath. For sure.
I guess it's time to let some of our talent go and time to re up in the draft. Hopefully we do a good job so we can stay good for some years to come. I think Baalke and Harbaugh will draft well. They must! We gotta save money or we're screwed.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its Goldson or no one. Soap and Walker arent even close to deserving tag money. The 49ers probably realize that Goldson's market value is inflated, and hed be more easily replaced than people think. Hes always been overrated imo, so giving him a huge deal isnt wise. He can either come back for what Baalke thinks hes worth, or let some other team overpay.

This. Especially with the strong class of safeties this year.
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Its Goldson or no one. Soap and Walker arent even close to deserving tag money. The 49ers probably realize that Goldson's market value is inflated, and hed be more easily replaced than people think. Hes always been overrated imo, so giving him a huge deal isnt wise. He can either come back for what Baalke thinks hes worth, or let some other team overpay.

This. Especially with the strong class of safeties this year.
I agree with this and some of the big plays Goldson was giving up down the stretch were annoying but I admit I will miss some of those bone crushing hits if he doesn't come back.
whos says the Niners have to tag anyone? Only tag guys if they are worth it and you have the cap space for it. I dont see anyone who fits that criteria. Not even Goldson. Instead of giving large contracts to possibly over-rated veterans, lets focus on drafting lots of young players and make sure we have lots of depth so that current starters dont have to play every single snap. In addition, having extra depth provides extra comptetition for veterans who may start to get a little complacent.

We want a team full of young, hungry players who understand they will lose their job if they dont perform. We DO NOT want a team full of old, over-paid veterans who dont have to ever worry about losing their job cuz the team invested too much money in them and there are no decent players behind them on the depth chart.
[ Edited by Carhanu21 on Mar 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM ]
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Noooooooobody!!!!

This!
If Goldson ain't getting tagged, then nobody is getting tagged, simple as that.

• buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Goldson will get tagged

Reports say the team will not tag Goldson. But, we will know later today.
Nobody. You guys know how the tag works? You tag difference makers
[ Edited by YungAce on Mar 3, 2013 at 10:53 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:

Is today tag day?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mkmasn:
Originally posted by buck:

Is today tag day?

In about a half an hour.
Noone. I'd be happy to work out multi-year deals with Dashon and Delaine! I dont care about RJF becuase i personally dont like the guy, Give Soap a 1 year and release him next season just as a sign of respect because i think he has 1 good year left.
Share 49ersWebzone