LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Culliver to Safety?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
This is the Zone's go to topic any CB that has a down game or season someone comes up with a brand new idea.........................LETS MOVE THEM TO SAFETY!!!!

Or if any offensive lineman has a down game - "Let's move Staley to right tackle and Davis to left! And then move Boone to right tackle and Staley to left guard and Iupati to right guard!" I hate to reveal a weakness but changing players' positions threads are probably my biggest pet peeve in the universe.
He reminded me of a fat kid playing 3 flies up and never getting up to the ball. Scary thought
He reminded me of a fat kid playing 3 flies up and never getting up to the ball. Scary thought
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Culliver had an outstanding year. He just had a bad game. He just picked the wrong game to have a bad game.

Cully will be a good to great starting CB for years to come. He's still young and learning.

This, he's a young player still developing. In terms of his play, PFF has him as one of the most efficient and effective cornerbacks in the NFL in several areas. The secondary didn't fall apart until Justin Smith got hurt and the pass rush basically became non-existent. Any CB can get lit up when their team has a s**t pass rush. Revis got lit up by Stevie Johnson, Sherman got lit up by Julio Jones. It happens. Some people just can't accept that and go full retard as a result.

Culliver and Brown is a solid starting combo of CB's. Throw in Rogers and add another draft pick this year and the CB's are set.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Let me guess. You tried it in Madden and it worked for ya. So your posting now today?
I've heard worse ideas. Culliver did play safety in college so it wouldn't be entirely new to him.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
He is no Goldson. He is afraid to get his nails dirty.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captain_planet:
Or if any offensive lineman has a down game - "Let's move Staley to right tackle and Davis to left! And then move Boone to right tackle and Staley to left guard and Iupati to right guard!" I hate to reveal a weakness but changing players' positions threads are probably my biggest pet peeve in the universe.

Two best 49er safties of my life time where Lott and hanks
Originally posted by Dshearn:

Very good point. But Culliver is 1) Very fast and 2) Not a hard-hitting physical enforcer. Oh, and 3) A solid cornerback that doesn't need to change positions!

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dshearn:

But hear me out here.Kap is really fast. So if we move him to receiver or corner or hell both. We could probably kick some more azz. Then we can put Cully at Qb2?
[ Edited by MarkD on Mar 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM ]
VD is fast - move him to WR!
Culliver seemed to be right with his man in pass coverage but the receiver makes a good play on a number of occasions. Is it ball recognition or technique? I'm not a coach I can' t say. He is getting better and any progress in 2013 would put him in the upper class of corners. He has size and that's something you can't teach. I say keep him at corner and draft a safety early.
sometimes the fans get pissed off and bash their own players-not good
instead you need to look at the other team and the other players and coaches
there are times when your man is just not better than theirs period.
Share 49ersWebzone