LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

How important is Delanie Walker to the 49ers?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I like to see him stay but if he does go somewhere else for big money, then good for him and best of luck. Walker will never be anything but a blocking TE who catches some passes every once in a while. In the grand scheme of things, he is replaceable.
I'd like to have a TALL PASS CATCHING #2 TE that we could so badly use in the endzone
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Thoughts:

1. Get off the Eifort and Ertz bandwagons. They will be long gone before #31.
  2. We have a good TE to replace Walker with (if he leaves) in Celek. Knows the system, showed some good skills when he got the chance to play.
  3. See #1. If you think paying Delanie will be expensive, those 2 guys will be even more expensive long-term.
Just my humble opinion.

Not like they can't add another TE in the draft, there will be plenty available in Rounds 3,4 and beyond. Plus there are WR's who could eventually fill the Delanie role at h-back, such as Mark Harrison of Rutgers.

I agree 100% there are lots of better than average TE prospects this year. My point was to stress that the two I named aren't going to be available at #31. In fact, I hope we DO draft another TE this year. Got plenty of picks, and pretty deep talent in the draft, so why not? I'll also go on the record as saying Matt Scott gets drafted in the (late) 3rd rd, unless he absolutely tanks at his pro day.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 6, 2013 at 1:35 PM ]
I agree 100% there are lots of better than average TE prospects this year. My point was to stress that the two I named aren't going to be available at #31. In fact, I hope we DO draft another TE this year. Got plenty of picks, and pretty deep talent in the draft, so why not? I'll also go on the record as saying Matt Scott gets drafted in the (late) 3rd rd, unless he absolutely tanks at his pro day.

I really hope not, I think he'd be the ideal eventual backup to Kaepernick. I have him listed as late 4th round but wouldn't be shocked if a team like Jacksonville took him early in the 4th, especially with the hype about option quarterbacks.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I agree 100% there are lots of better than average TE prospects this year. My point was to stress that the two I named aren't going to be available at #31. In fact, I hope we DO draft another TE this year. Got plenty of picks, and pretty deep talent in the draft, so why not? I'll also go on the record as saying Matt Scott gets drafted in the (late) 3rd rd (by the 49ers), unless he absolutely tanks at his pro day.

I really hope not, I think he'd be the ideal eventual backup to Kaepernick. I have him listed as late 4th round but wouldn't be shocked if a team like Jacksonville took him early in the 4th, especially with the hype about option quarterbacks.

Fixed.
Share 49ersWebzone