There are 162 users in the forums

Larry Grant

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Well, that's making a large and risky assumption that neither stud ILB ever miss action due to injury.

maybe grant is over rated by the webzone and the coaches feel we can do better and have done better with the people they have signed for special teams. being a "ace" on special teams like grant supposedly was last year on our special ed teams is not saying a whole lot.

Hey, maybe so. All I know about Grant is that he looked really good when filling in, and also impressed on STs.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Well, that's making a large and risky assumption that neither stud ILB ever miss action due to injury.

maybe grant is over rated by the webzone and the coaches feel we can do better and have done better with the people they have signed for special teams. being a "ace" on special teams like grant supposedly was last year on our special ed teams is not saying a whole lot.

Hey, maybe so. All I know about Grant is that he looked really good when filling in, and also impressed on STs.
it was two years ago when we last saw grant get serious playing time. I have a feeling since we signed dan from the bengals, even if grant does not get signed , we would not be interested. we got his replacement plus two kids who did not see the field last year and the draft. in my opinion no one impressed on special teams and i am glad to see they are doing a makeover in that area.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
grant filled in nicely for willis two years ago, so what,. jamie winborn had 20 tackles in a single game one time, was deemed no longer valuable for whatever reason , got cut and promptly vanished. i think the same will happen to grant
Trust the coaches - they see the players every day on every play.
hes a good dude and a good player. I would love him back but yet I want this guy to get a shot at a starting gig cause he deserves it. as long as he doesn't go to the rams, cardinals, and esp. the seahawks...I will be a fan of his
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
hes a good dude and a good player. I would love him back but yet I want this guy to get a shot at a starting gig cause he deserves it. as long as he doesn't go to the rams, cardinals, and esp. the seahawks...I will be a fan of his

he could not get a job last year and so far has not even had a visit. i guess he will replace delanie walker as over rated favored son here on the web zone and people will cry and scream when the team chooses not to sign him after he has had no offers from anyone else

I think we haven't resigned him due to the fact that we have the best ILBs in the NFL and he would be an a expensive insurance player. He is a baller tho, cant believe teams haven't signed him to a modest deal to compete for a starting job

he could not get a job last year and so far has not even had a visit. i guess he will replace delanie walker as over rated favored son here on the web zone and people will cry and scream when the team chooses not to sign him after he has had no offers from anyone else

im a fan of his because how he overcame being cut a few times and actually showing he is worthy of a roster spot. Im not saying he is better than most ILBs but wouldn't you agree that he deserves a shot to compete on a team with a lack of talent at the position. I also of fan of his because he showed up lynch by eating skittles at the seahawk stadium after forcing the game winning fumble haha
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
im a fan of his because how he overcame being cut a few times and actually showing he is worthy of a roster spot. Im not saying he is better than most ILBs but wouldn't you agree that he deserves a shot to compete on a team with a lack of talent at the position. I also of fan of his because he showed up lynch by eating skittles at the seahawk stadium after forcing the game winning fumble haha
if he is starter material he would have had a job last year. if he was starter material he would at least have had a visit to another team right now.
if he is starter material he would have had a job last year. if he was starter material he would at least have had a visit to another team right now.

Not saying you are wrong but he effectively filled pro bowl caliber shoes without breaking a sweat. He is a very good if not great LB and I can't be the only one confused as to why he isn't a starter somewhere.

• dj43
Grant is in a tough spot. He could start for some teams but they would not be good teams. He could likely make a little more money somewhere else. The problem is; he is the kind of player that a team like SF cannot afford to keep if they are to be able to re-sign all the star players. The FO is tasked with replacing him with a rookie that is less expensive unless Grant is willing to take below market value to stay here.
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
He's an albatross, needs to go. Lost the JUCO National Championship twice as a freshman and sophomore, the National Championship twice as a junior and senior at Ohio State, Now he's lost the Super Bowl in the NFL...

lol superstition
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Don't forget, friends, we also have Nate Stupar.
Originally posted by BayArea:

Not saying you are wrong but he effectively filled pro bowl caliber shoes without breaking a sweat. He is a very good if not great LB and I can't be the only one confused as to why he isn't a starter somewhere.

I am having a hard time believing Grant is starting material anymore. I mean DJ Williams got a gig with Chicago, and signed for $900,000. Gran made $1.26M last year and has no suitors. I don't see Grant starting. I would love him back, but I think we stick with Wilhoite, who played great on STs. And Skuta, and draft a backup ILB, or bring back Gooden on a vet minimum deal.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Don't forget, friends, we also have Nate Stupar.

Share 49ersWebzone