LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 245 users in the forums

Larry Grant

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thought we should have this talk. I'd like to keep him it's nice to have a solid backup to willis and bowman and should be a resonable resign. We need to keep him for depth because were already need so much help and depth at dline and outside backer.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Will be replaced by a cheaper rookie
Keep him because hes from Pleasanton
He mase a great fall back when willis got injured, hes a great st player and probably not to high priced i think we should resign him.
He's an albatross, needs to go. Lost the JUCO National Championship twice as a freshman and sophomore, the National Championship twice as a junior and senior at Ohio State, Now he's lost the Super Bowl in the NFL...
I agree. He's our 3rd. starter and the #1 reason we have no depth concerns at ILB..
Originally posted by susweel:

I expect this...but it will be a drop in talent...Grant can start on a lot of teams maybe even most teams. He's a great ILB...he's just sitting behind the #1 and #2 guys in the NFL.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by susweel:

I expect this...but it will be a drop in talent...Grant can start on a lot of teams maybe even most teams. He's a great ILB...he's just sitting behind the #1 and #2 guys in the NFL.

Good point !! Well thought out viable insight.. Need more like u around here.
Will probably sign elsewhere and start
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Keep him because hes from Pleasanton
No, he's not.

He went to the Foothill in Sacramento if that's what you were referring to.

His Wiki is incorrect.
[ Edited by Ballistic on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:48 AM ]

Good ST player. Great backup.

He can play both MLB spots in case Willis or N-Bow go down.We need him.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Mar 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM ]
An expensive backup. There is only so much we have to go around. If they can keep the contract around 1 million a year, he will be back.
He is a beast..didn't get enough credit for how he filled in and played great last year..he won us that Seattle game with the forced fumbled..hope we keep him or he gets a chance to be a starter elsewhere
I hated seeing him crying at the end of the Super Bowl on the ground. He was heartbroken and loves this team. He provides invaluable depth and is worth keeping.
Meh, go young. I wouldn't want him more than one more year.
Share 49ersWebzone