LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Baalke playing russian roulette

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love how people think they know more about our Finances and what to do with our Cap money then the people who are actually in our front office. If anything Baalke an company have shown that they know what they are doing. Most of our young key guys are locked up long term. Trust in Baalke and Prague.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I love how people think they know more about our Finances and what to do with our Cap money then the people who are actually in our front office. If anything Baalke an company have shown that they know what they are doing. Most of our young key guys are locked up long term. Trust in Baalke and Prague.

It's a message board. Let us have our fun.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
What if we tag Smith instead

still under contract, lol
Originally posted by pdizo916:

lol
iupati..Davis and crabs still on rookie contracts not to mention Kap's deal..lets see how TB handles that
Sigh. I'm pretty sure Baalke is aware of this. If for whatever reason we're unable to trade Alex, I'm pretty sure he'll be cut.
Plus if he leaves will just drop the cash on BYRD!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

lol

LOL again
You mean like Christopher Walken in The Deer Hunter?
Originally posted by eonblue:
Plus if he leaves will just drop the cash on BYRD!

He's supposedly going to be franchised by Buffalo, they made a few cuts in particular to allow themselves to franchise him. But if the 49ers could bring him in to replace Goldson, then that would be quite the pickup indeed.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 24, 2013 at 3:02 PM ]

I have a feeling we are gonna Trade Alex & turn the BOUNTY of draft picks we have into a major "facelift" for the franchise! I see a lot of speed being added on the defensive secondary, a couple of speedy wideouts & BULK for the D-LINE. & Last but not least a kicker! Not worried about Baalke but this is a huge draft/offseason... DYNASTY???
[ Edited by NYCNINER on Feb 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by stonecold590:

Some have their favorites, so they like Goldson. Some think we can sign everybody, so they just want him signed regardless of cap reality.
This is just the tip of the iceberg of cuts we need to make. I hope the crying doesn't get too loud.

We got very lucky with the Bowman contract, and because of it, people are now expecting all of our players to sign for below market value because they really "love being here" blah blah blah.
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
I have a feeling we are gonna Trade Alex & turn the BOUNTY of draft picks we have into a major "facelift" for the franchise! I see a lot of speed being added on the defensive secondary, a couple of speedy wideouts & BULK for the D-LINE. & Last but not least a kicker! Not worried about Baalke but this is a huge draft/offseason... DYNASTY???

That's how you do it in the salary cap era. You try to keep as many players as you can, but prioritize which positions and/or players are the most critical and replace the rest through the draft.

Goldson has flaws, Bowman does not. Therefore, you choose to keep Bowman (of course, Goldson probably wants more money than Bowman anyway).
Share 49ersWebzone