LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

How Should the 49ers Address the Kicker Position?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How Should the 49ers Address the Kicker Position?

Which would you prefer?

Personally, I would rather find our new Kicker in the draft. I'd like to find the next Greg Zuerlein or Justin Tucker. If we get it right we won't need another one for 10-15 years!
[ Edited by PTulini on Feb 24, 2013 at 12:17 AM ]
Akers out?
Sign Phil Dawson and draft Leon Sandcastle to be a CB/FS/SS/K/P/QB/WR/RB/TE
Draft. Or see if Akers heals over Summer and will reneg the contract.

So draft, probably!
Combine Akers, Cundiff, Cortez, and Wade Richey into some sort of a superkicker.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Combine Akers, Cundiff, Cortez, and Wade Richey into some sort of a superkicker.

lolol Wade Richey. With the power to make 66% of his field goals and put his kickoffs out of bounds at crucial points in the playoffs FTW!!
I get uncomfortable having a rookie catch a punt in the NFL.
Nor do I like the idea of putting the pressure of a game winning kick on a rookie
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Throw in a little Owen Pochman and you might be on to something.
Anything but the Akers vs Cundiff debacle!
FSUs' Dustin Hopkins.......snag him with a 5th or 6th round pick. We still have plenty more picks to fill the depth chart as needed.

• BobS
  • Veteran
Do what the Redskins did getting unemployed free agent Kai Forbath, who had a near perfect season after they got rid of Cundiff. Kicker should be an easy position to fill, you just need a strong accurate right or left leg, you don't need anything else. I think they should just have an open tryout.
Originally posted by BobS:
Do what the Redskins did getting unemployed free agent Kai Forbath, who had a near perfect season after they got rid of Cundiff. Kicker should be an easy position to fill, you just need a strong accurate right or left leg, you don't need anything else. I think they should just have an open tryout.
Thank you...

"Quarterback should be an easy position to fill, you just need a strong accurate right or left arm."
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by BobS:
Thank you...

"Quarterback should be an easy position to fill, you just need a strong accurate right or left arm."

"WR should be an easy position to fill, you just need a fast guy that can catch."
The draft
The FSU kicker is good. We should draft him.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
If you think about it a kicker needs the least amount of physical and mental attributes of any position of any player on a football team. Being a kicker does not require height, speed, size, good hands, or football smarts. I believe if a team can't find a suitable kicker they aren't looking hard enough.
Share 49ersWebzone