There are 159 users in the forums

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think it's pretty obvious AJ realizes he better get his head outta his ass and get to work. I've said it before. I'll give him this offseason and if he doesn't start producing next season, it's his ass.
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by THEB:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Arrive soon, if CK7, Lockette and Hall are there, so should AJ. That is my point.

Should? He doesnt have to do s**t until OTAs start The fact is that he will be there. just because his schedule didnt allow him to be there the exact moment the other guys were there means jack s**t. they all have families that they dont get to see much of for months out of the year.

This notion that players must eat, sleep, and s**t football all day every day is getting old.

Ths x 1000000000. Its annoying hearing everybody question these guys' work ethics when nobody here has to work as hard as they do. Granted, they are compensated very nicely, but hearing fans question these guys all the time is annoying.

"Davis was at the movies, I guess hes such a slacker" Give it a rest.

Guys in the NFL have a very small window to make the type of money that will set them up for the rest of thier lives, so trainning during thier offseason is a cost some are willing to sacrafice in order to insure they have a long career or a shot at it at least. Every player has his own trainning facility they use/attend etc. If they are ready for trainning camp, great. If not....see you later. Long story short, I agree. Relax
Arrive soon, if CK7, Lockette and Hall are there, so should AJ. That is my point.

Should? He doesnt have to do s**t until OTAs start The fact is that he will be there. just because his schedule didnt allow him to be there the exact moment the other guys were there means jack s**t. they all have families that they dont get to see much of for months out of the year.

This notion that players must eat, sleep, and s**t football all day every day is getting old.

Wow. I guess you and AJ are complacent with zero receptions from a first round draft pick....... We will agree to disagree. I think AJ should spend every minute of this off season preparing, obviously he did not do it last off season. You on the other hand feel that AJ should do the minimum, show up to OTA's and see if he can channel energy to get in sync with CK7..... Yes we do disagree.....

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I don't see Crabtree going to Atlanta... Guess he doesn't want to build off of his 2012 season.... What a waste!

Might as well say the same for Vernon as well... I mean obviously he doesn't care either

both already proven though, one is a total bust! gonna wait and see but jenkins is blah...

This. Both earned a break this season. They worked their asses off, and played all the ay through the season to the SB.

What does Jenkins need a break or rest from? Maybe he is having a surgical procedure to remove the splinters from his ass.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
This. Both earned a break this season. They worked their asses off, and played all the ay through the season to the SB.

What does Jenkins need a break or rest from? Maybe he is having a surgical procedure to remove the splinters from his ass.
You act like these guys dont spend 5 days a week in the weight room during the season. Just cause he didnt play on sundays doesnt mean he didnt put in just as much work as anyone else during the week.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

You act like these guys dont spend 5 days a week in the weight room during the season. Just cause he didnt play on sundays doesnt mean he didnt put in just as much work as anyone else during the week.

That is part of being a professional athlete. He didnt have any additional wear and tear on his body that players who actually play aquire through the course of the season. There should be no wear and tear he needs to have a break to recover from. If Kaep, Lockette, and Hall, can all be there, there is no reason why our first round draft pick who accomplished 0 his first year cant.
Jenkins doesn't have to work out in the off season. But since his play was nonexistent, if he wants to remain popular with the fans and keep his job, he better get his ass to work. No one cares Crabtree isn't there because Crabtree has proven himself, especially being clutch in the post season.

As for being in the weight room just like everyone else, that's good, but if one is struggling, they really should be putting in extra time. That's true for any job, especially one where a lot of people are depending on you and you are getting paid a handsome sum for warming the bench.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Jenkins doesn't have to work out in the off season. But since his play was nonexistent, if he wants to remain popular with the fans and keep his job, he better get his ass to work. No one cares Crabtree isn't there because Crabtree has proven himself, especially being clutch in the post season.

As for being in the weight room just like everyone else, that's good, but if one is struggling, they really should be putting in extra time. That's true for any job, especially one where a lot of people are depending on you and you are getting paid a handsome sum for warming the bench.

The thing is, guys like crabtree and VD played a LONG season. They are bound to be banged up, and deserve the time to recover and get 100% healthy again. Jenkins has no excuse. None. If Lockette and Hall are putting in time, there is no excuse as to why Jenkins is not. None. I dont care if he shows up next week or not. After the season was over he should have been following Kaep everywhere. He should be catching the soap when Kaep drops it in the shower. He should be catching Kaeps gum when he spits it out.
Probably not a big deal that he isn't there yet, but I can understand why some posters are frustrated with him.

He was supposed to run the hill with Jerry soon, but never did.

He was supposed to contribute as a rookie soon, but never did.

He was supposed to train in Atlanta. We'll see if he actually shows up.

It's been a trend with this kid. He says all the right things but never actually backs it up with any results.
so 2 guys who will be released next year are working with him......

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I don't see Crabtree going to Atlanta... Guess he doesn't want to build off of his 2012 season.... What a waste!

Might as well say the same for Vernon as well... I mean obviously he doesn't care either

Gotta have an offseason of some kind somewhere. They have to do certain things before they get back into that mode. I think VD will show up after the free agent market settles and he sees where D. Walker goes
Originally posted by jreff22:

My prediction is that Ricardo Lockette will be one of the starters next season.
  • buck
  • Veteran
No, i just dont have unreal expectations on how much work needs to be put in. Yeah he had zero receptions, but he only had ONE pass thrown his way. Is his lack of contribution a product of him being bad, or us not needing his services? We dont know, so stop trying to make assumptions. the FACTS are that he doesnt have to go to atlanta if he dosnt want ot and nobody can force otherwise, period.

Not entirely true. He said that he was going to work with Kaepernick in Atlanta.

Since he said that he would be there, he has, in my estimation, an obligation to be there.

Jenkins also plans on joining Colin Kaepernick for offseason workouts in Atlanta, site of Kaepernick's combine training back in 2011."We're already great friends off the field," Jenkins said of San Francisco's starting signal-caller. "Hopefully we can get that chemistry from off the field on the field. I can't wait."

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/AJ-Jenkins-Looks-to-Expand-Role/14d98ad9-5c49-40c7-a071-2e61cdc84280
Jenkins is busy washing dishes for his mommy. She missed him!!!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by jreff22:

My prediction is that Ricardo Lockette will be one of the starters next season.

Share 49ersWebzone