There are 234 users in the forums

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some people are just "glass-half-empty" types, that's all.
I dont think its quite a glass half empty concept as it is seeing what other teams got from the first round and expecting our first rounders to come out and perform like anothers teams first rounder so to say. I saw someone wasnt impressed with his college highlights not sure quite why. Imo he ran very crisp and clean crossing routes something we need on this team and our mutated wco. Personally i think drafting him will pay off big. I guess i may be just a little more patient then other fans. I understand there hunger but know this team isnt just going to dissappear.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
cciowa you must not believe a word Harbaugh ever says do you? That comment can swing boh ways. Harbaugh did say Hall was in because of a specific play drawn up for him. That play actually mirrored a play of Halls in philly when he caugt his first td only on opposite sides of the field. Ginn alhough he didnt show it this year is somewhat of a seasoned vet. Its dissapointing Jenkins first season was only 37 plays and one dropped pass but i dont think its quite the cause for concern yet. If his second season is the mirror image of the first then ill join in on the mass hysteria and cry that he sky is falling and Harbaugh Baalke and the fo totally f**ked up on the first pick last season.
i have said many times i am willing to give him a second off season and a second year in the system. That does not mean I can not express my frustration that when the kid had a chance to be a player when two guys went down, he was a flop. i do not think it is unreasonable to expect more production out of your number one, despite the offense we run or how many tight ends we have on the field, than one dropped pass and a off sides penalty. i have also said, just like you said, that if we are having the same conversation about him at the end of pre season that we are now, the front office and coaches will have to admit they made a mistake. sooooo what is wrong with what i said? everytime i dare call the coach out for a decision or a have what i think is a legit beef with a decision they made,, the shock and awe campaign here is very amusing
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Some people are just "glass-half-empty" types, that's all.

pardon me but i got sucked into the countless posts during the post season by the "glass half full' crowd who kept predicting ten catches for 200 yards and two touchdowns for jenkins,, he will be our secret weapon, etc etc. what i SAW was chad hall and ginn getting playing time ahead of him. I go by what people do and now what they say or other people say for them. I kept HEARING all these awesome things jenkins was going to do for us in the post season. I kept SEEING, nothing. i think that would empty half the glass for even the hardest of milk or kool aid drinkers
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I dont think its quite a glass half empty concept as it is seeing what other teams got from the first round and expecting our first rounders to come out and perform like anothers teams first rounder so to say. I saw someone wasnt impressed with his college highlights not sure quite why. Imo he ran very crisp and clean crossing routes something we need on this team and our mutated wco. Personally i think drafting him will pay off big. I guess i may be just a little more patient then other fans. I understand there hunger but know this team isnt just going to dissappear.
agree. i am sure they will draft a big bodied wide out, get a free agent, bring back mario and kyle. if this guy flops it is not a major setback for this team,it would just be a titch upsetting to have yet another first round bust for our file. sad to say our file of first round busts going back 20 plus years is a big thick i hope this guy is not, i hope he works hard this off season, i hope he can be a good wide out and return man for us.
He's there.

El Locko.
Share 49ersWebzone