There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

WTF AJ Jenkins, why are you not in Atlanta???

There are lots of things that come before football and work.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 16, 2013 at 3:45 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I don't see Crabtree going to Atlanta... Guess he doesn't want to build off of his 2012 season.... What a waste!

Might as well say the same for Vernon as well... I mean obviously he doesn't care either

both already proven though, one is a total bust! gonna wait and see but jenkins is blah...
Why is Ck7 and the receivers training in atlanta for ? Just curious
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:
Wow. I guess you and AJ are complacent with zero receptions from a first round draft pick....... We will agree to disagree. I think AJ should spend every minute of this off season preparing, obviously he did not do it last off season. You on the other hand feel that AJ should do the minimum, show up to OTA's and see if he can channel energy to get in sync with CK7..... Yes we do disagree.....

No, i just dont have unreal expectations on how much work needs to be put in. Yeah he had zero receptions, but he only had ONE pass thrown his way. Is his lack of contribution a product of him being bad, or us not needing his services? We dont know, so stop trying to make assumptions. the FACTS are that he doesnt have to go to atlanta if he dosnt want ot and nobody can force otherwise, period.
Originally posted by corona55569:

That is where he trained for the Draft at the Competitive Edge Sports training facility. He must like their staff, facilities and methodology.

Hall and Lockette happen to live in the area so its convenient.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
The other thing is that no one said he isn't training at all. We don't know what he's actually doing. All that was said is that he hasn't joined Kap in Atlanta just yet but will soon. So let's restrain our emotions a bit.

He's working on his conditioning and his mechanics, delivery, footwork, accuracy, etc. The receivers are there for conditioning and to develop timing with him and his passes. I'm told that the more you catch passes from a given QB, the more comfortable you get with the ball in its trajectory and speed.

Bottom line: he's dedicated to the game and we should all be happy.
Originally posted by GNielsen:

He's working on his conditioning and his mechanics, delivery, footwork, accuracy, etc. The receivers are there for conditioning and to develop timing with him and his passes. I'm told that the more you catch passes from a given QB, the more comfortable you get with the ball in its trajectory and speed.

Just like anything in life. Practice makes perfect.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Yeah, I'm just so impressed. I really think Kaepernick is going to prove to be an amazing player. Harbaugh was right. He's "all ball."
thats why kaep is gonna be the best. hes not resting on his natural talents, hes trying to make them even better. what 20 something year old dude would blow off the rockstar stuff that kaep just blew off. hopefully he gets jenkins on his level
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by GNielsen:

pretty sure he was asking why the location
I hope he's not out bass fishing with Rashaun Woods.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Originally posted by THEB:
Arrive soon, if CK7, Lockette and Hall are there, so should AJ. That is my point.

Should? He doesnt have to do s**t until OTAs start The fact is that he will be there. just because his schedule didnt allow him to be there the exact moment the other guys were there means jack s**t. they all have families that they dont get to see much of for months out of the year.

This notion that players must eat, sleep, and s**t football all day every day is getting old.

Ths x 1000000000. Its annoying hearing everybody question these guys' work ethics when nobody here has to work as hard as they do. Granted, they are compensated very nicely, but hearing fans question these guys all the time is annoying.

"Davis was at the movies, I guess hes such a slacker" Give it a rest.
I guess 2 weeks after the season ended in heart breaking loss, you cant spend time with your family. Im also sure nobody has any lingering injuries after otas, camp, preseason, reg season and the post season.
Originally posted by Antix:
Originally posted by THEB:
Arrive soon, if CK7, Lockette and Hall are there, so should AJ. That is my point.

Should? He doesnt have to do s**t until OTAs start The fact is that he will be there. just because his schedule didnt allow him to be there the exact moment the other guys were there means jack s**t. they all have families that they dont get to see much of for months out of the year.

This notion that players must eat, sleep, and s**t football all day every day is getting old.

Ths x 1000000000. Its annoying hearing everybody question these guys' work ethics when nobody here has to work as hard as they do. Granted, they are compensated very nicely, but hearing fans question these guys all the time is annoying.

"Davis was at the movies, I guess hes such a slacker" Give it a rest.

Very true.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home