LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 223 users in the forums

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Man if Dial and Dorsey are both out for the opener...Gurley is going to have a field day.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for deviledEgg.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9moon:
It's not even about having 4 preseason.. it's just I think the coaching staff should just rest the PLAYERS who already made the team.. especially veterans who's been there all OTAs or TRAINING CAMP... those guys should get Sunday off, and lets just put in the players who are in the bubbles and allow them to showcase their talent w/lots of playing time.

for example w/ our team..

OL: STALEY, DAVIS, GARNETT - BROWN .. these guys we know have already made the team.. why risk getting injured w/the season opener in 2 weeks??

Agreed. Not worth the risk.

Spot on guys. Defo,Purcell&Smith need reps st DE.

all the above. maybe let the ones who claim they need a warm up get a game or two in. Jeff Saturday mentioned that he needed a few practice games if my memory is correct
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Man if Dial and Dorsey are both out for the opener...Gurley is going to have a field day.

stack the box and pray our cbs perform well against the pass when they try with their average qbs
Originally posted by deviledEgg:
this unit looked promising a couple of weeks ago but all these injuries are concerning. I'm all for cutting preseason games from four to two

This would really limit the opportunities for the "long shots" and/or limit the reps for the starters (thinking about game 3 for the most part). Either way, one or the other would suffer
  • FaTaL
  • Veteran
dorsey practiced today, hes a vet he wont need much prep time. i dont think he even plays vs sd, theres no reason to
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Please be ready Dorsey / injured players in time for the regular season, please be ready!
Originally posted by LVJay:
Please be ready Dorsey / injured players in time for the regular season, please be ready!

I'd be nice that's for darn sure. If not AA-Purcell/Smith-Defo/Purcell can get the job done. Rams OL is mediocre at best IMO.

Rams OL

Rams VS Broncos on NFL network right now. Just went 3&out on their opening drive and gave up a sack on 3rd down.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Aug 29, 2016 at 9:04 PM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I'd be nice that's for darn sure. If not AA-Purcell/Smith-Defo/Purcell can get the job done. Rams OL is mediocre at best IMO.

Rams OL

Rams VS Broncos on NFL network right now. Just went 3&out on their opening drive and gave up a sack on 3rd down.

That's right... Gurly can't do it all by himself all day, eventually we'll get to him. If their oline is really that pathetic and we're as good as we think, he could get a proper beat down.

Rams OL

That's right... Gurly can't do it all by himself all day, eventually we'll get to him. If their oline is really that pathetic and we're as good as we think, he could get a proper beat down.

I mean I don't give a darn if he gets 200 yards rushing if we put a hurting on them. We just gotta take leads and if so I believe we can surprise a lot of people.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
I mean I don't give a darn if he gets 200 yards rushing if we put a hurting on them. We just gotta take leads and if so I believe we can surprise a lot of people.

I feel ya.

Tried to pm u but for some reason, i got kicked to the curb

I feel ya.

Tried to pm u but for some reason, i got kicked to the curb

PM'd you back.

I believe with all our starters on the field, we'll be able to make them one dimensional.

stack the box and pray our cbs perform well against the pass when they try with their average qbs

I think Jimmy can take Britt... Pharaoh Cooper is said to be about 3-4 weeks and he was their #3 WR. If Brock can't handle Brian Quick early... Believe you'll see Rashard/DJ put that body on them, and actually...can see them both on the outside and they tell Jimmy to stick Austin. Some bump n run w/pressure will make things difficult for sure.

I cant wait to see Armstead and Buckner wreaking havoc ,,,batting down passes, rag dolling offensive lineman , putting pressure on the QB ...They will definitely keep Bowman clean and allow him to Hunt and destroy
What's the word on Dorsey and Dial?
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

I cant wait to see Armstead and Buckner wreaking havoc ,,,batting down passes, rag dolling offensive lineman , putting pressure on the QB ...They will definitely keep Bowman clean and allow him to Hunt and destroy

Our LDE and NT1, NT2, and NT3 are injured. Buckner is a rookie and will probably play as well as AA did last year. We are hurting. Not to mention our best pass rusher is out for 4 games. Our first team D has been driven on each game with most of our front out.

The big guys were supposed to hide Ray Ray and his 220 pounds. We will be hurting bad the 1st 4 weeks.
[ Edited by Joecool on Aug 30, 2016 at 11:18 AM ]
Don't trust anything 49ers say about Dorsey now either.
Share 49ersWebzone