There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Love those LSU defensive players. I think Tomsula can make him a beast (ala Abrayo Franklin, Soap, Mac etc..)

All for it

ala Franklin went to Tenessee
Sopoaga went to Hawaii
and Ray Mcdonald went to Florida

Ricky-Jean Francois went to LSU

I think those were 2 separate statements dude. He knows those guys didn't all go to LSU. Don't be so quick to call someone out on a fail.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Love those LSU defensive players. I think Tomsula can make him a beast (ala Abrayo Franklin, Soap, Mac etc..)

All for it

Sopoaga went to Hawaii

I think those were 2 separate statements dude. He knows those guys didn't all go to LSU. Don't be so quick to call someone out on a fail.

My fault overlooked that. period. In defense, I would not consider Aubrayo Franklin a beast. Ray Mcdonald was beast before Tomsula coached him, he just needed an opportunity, he always reminded me of Darnell Dockett, the way he explodes off the snap. Singletary put together a horrible depth chart, starting Spencer over T. Brown, playing Taylor Mays, Franklin and Sopoaga playing next to each other instead of rotating? Sopoaga is a beast, was suprised to read an article about him and Moran Norris using those 100lb dumb bells, I always looked at those thinking who the hell uses those?!?!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I think he can ressurect his career here and actually play NT for us..
Originally posted by SofaKing:

All for it

Sopoaga went to Hawaii

My fault overlooked that. period. In defense, I would not consider Aubrayo Franklin a beast. Ray Mcdonald was beast before Tomsula coached him, he just needed an opportunity, he always reminded me of Darnell Dockett, the way he explodes off the snap. Singletary put together a horrible depth chart, starting Spencer over T. Brown, playing Taylor Mays, Franklin and Sopoaga playing next to each other instead of rotating? Sopoaga is a beast, was suprised to read an article about him and Moran Norris using those 100lb dumb bells, I always looked at those thinking who the hell uses those?!?!

All good playboy, and thanks SofaKing. IIRC both Tomsula and Mac entered the Niner organization during the last year of the Nolan era. Not sure if you're talking about his Florida days? But agreed those were dark days of Singletary, Nolan, Erickson
If he aint related to Ken Dorsey then i don't want him
If we loose both Soap and RJF (who is gonna leave, he has the Eagls and Packers on his jock), I would love to sign Dorsey (just needs a change of scenery), and draft his replacement. He'd be a good starter/mentor or a valuable backup. Either way it's win-win..
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If he aint related to Ken Dorsey then i don't want him

brother from another mother?
  • KK49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerFan408:
brother from another mother?

nope... same mother , different fathers

Ray McDonald was never a beast and still is not. He's pretty good, but "beast" is going too far. Franklin was very good at clogging lanes and eating blockers. At one point he was one of the 2 or 3 best NT in football (for one season, anyway) so if you won't consider that "beast" then there's simply no way you should consider McDonald one.

For the record, I like Ray Mac. Just saying though...
@RapSheet: DL Glenn Dorsey is on his way to visit with the Niners. Had heard Chiefs would try to keep him. We'll see
He's young still right? I'd take a chance on him
Purely a 3 tech in a 4-3 in my eyes. I trust this staff though.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Glenn Dorsey could become the Jay Ratliff type NT, we play a lot of single-gap anyway.
  • yoshi
  • Veteran
Niners like former first rounders.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home