There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers signed Glenn Dorsey

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by quicsylver15:
Stumbled across this....

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/03/13/update-dorsey-signs-2-year-deal-with-max-value-of-7-million/

Thats great. That boy is going to have to ball his ass off to get his money.
If we ask him to 2-gap, a fine run stopper. (His role with the KC Chiefs)
If we ask him to 1-gap, a disruptor. (His role at LSU)

Last year, because we were so stout against the run, we were in our nickel or dime about 70% of the time.
As a 1 gap disruptor, Dorsey is a definite upgrade when he plays inside on our 4 man D-line on passing downs.

If he also spells Ray Mac and Cowboy at DE, look for teams to score less points against us in the 4th Q.

Well done Baalkebaugh!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by quicsylver15:
Stumbled across this....

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/03/13/update-dorsey-signs-2-year-deal-with-max-value-of-7-million/

I wish we would have signed him to at least 3 years.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Jim Tomsula has a new project!
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
I'm pretty excited about this. Seeing Soap get 4 mil a year and hearing that RJF may get 5-6, getting a guy like Dorsey for less than either is huge. I just don't see how he could be any worse than Soap was last year. Further, I really like how this coaching staff has the ability to get the most out of their talent. Dorsey was dripping with talent out of college, maybe a fresh start with the best staff in the league will get him to his potential. Great signing.
  • Bodhi
  • Veteran
Bengals fans considered Justin Smith to be a bust when he was on the team

Let's see what Tomsula can do this time
Originally posted by AmpLee:
I'm pretty excited about this. Seeing Soap get 4 mil a year and hearing that RJF may get 5-6, getting a guy like Dorsey for less than either is huge. I just don't see how he could be any worse than Soap was last year. Further, I really like how this coaching staff has the ability to get the most out of their talent. Dorsey was dripping with talent out of college, maybe a fresh start with the best staff in the league will get him to his potential. Great signing.

The guy is tenacious off the ball. With Justin Smith commanding double teams, and teams worrying about the Aldon stunt, Dorsey could be the perfect guy to fill that hole in the middle. They should be able to get pressure up the middle without blitzing ILBs
Originally posted by Bodhi:
Bengals fans considered Justin Smith to be a bust when he was on the team

Let's see what Tomsula can do this time

Thats EXACTLY how I feel about this signing too.
Here is the reaction to Dorsey's signing from ArrowHead Pride:

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/3/13/4100184/glenn-dorsey-49ers-free-agency-chiefs

Surprising. I knew it was coming but I'm still surprised. Dorsey had been with the Chiefs for five seasons after KC took him with the fifth overall pick in the 2008 NFL Draft. He was set to be the next great defensive tackle but in Dorsey's second year the new regime moved to a 3-4 defense, which didn't allow him to be the explosive player many of us thought he would be.

That didn't make him a bad player. He was fine at what he was asked to do with the Chiefs. He moves to San Francisco where he joins one of the NFL's best defenses. The 49ers obviously have a plan for him, he visited the team less than 24 hours after free agency opened. Will he play defensive end? Move inside? I'll be interested.
49ers | Glenn Dorsey contract update Thu, 14 Mar 2013 07:02:30 -0700

San Francisco 49ers DL Glenn Dorsey's two-year deal is worth as much as $7 million, according to agent Joel Segal.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#ixzz2NWTfV4U3
Originally posted by bonafidejonb:
49ers | Glenn Dorsey contract update Thu, 14 Mar 2013 07:02:30 -0700

San Francisco 49ers DL Glenn Dorsey's two-year deal is worth as much as $7 million, according to agent Joel Segal.

Read more: http://kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0#ixzz2NWTfV4U3

not bad at all
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

The guy is tenacious off the ball. With Justin Smith commanding double teams, and teams worrying about the Aldon stunt, Dorsey could be the perfect guy to fill that hole in the middle. They should be able to get pressure up the middle without blitzing ILBs
good chance he wont be at NT
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

good chance he wont be at NT

agreed, i see him getting the most of his playing time on the 4 man front in nickle/dime packages, giving rest to RayMac/Justin Smith
FoxSports.com's Peter Schrager on DL Glenn Dorsey's potential with the 49ers: "This is the perfect kind of guy to join the 49ers. He's had his moments in Kansas City, but was really languishing out there… I remember when Glenn Dorsey was a junior at LSU and there was talk that he'd be a top-5 pick. He went back for his senior year and dominated… The Atlanta Falcons had the No. 3 overall pick that... year and took Matt Ryan. A lot of people were shocked they didn't take Dorsey. He was that dominant of a player in college. The talent was there… I still think that talent is there. He's a young guy, this could be trouble. You put him with Justin Smith and that coaching staff; watch out, this could be an amazing signing."