There are 53 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Will David Akers be back next season?

Will David Akers be back next season?

I'd say no, but I have been fooled before. He's got $3 million in the final year of a three year contract coming up. What does NT think?
hell no
f**k no
no chance in hell he's brought back
we cant draft a kicker in the sixth round to miss half of his kicks and pay him about 2.5mil less lol
With the amount of draft picks we have, drafting a kicker is the most reasonable thing we can do.
3 million reasons he won't be back.
Nope. Hopkins, Sturgis, Maher in the draft?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
f**k no

^^This^^
He will absolutely not be back. I'm surprised he wasn't cut during the season!
Originally posted by Wrathman:
f**k no

^^This^^

Had we won the SB, it wouldve been the most amazing tightrope walk of all time for a kicker. I cannot believe that he didnt cost us our division title, our 1st round bye, our Divisional playoff game, our NFC Champ game, OR the SB.

We made it through all that with basically the worst kicker in the NFL, and it never came back to bite us. Unfortunately for Akers, had we won the SB, his horrible season wouldve been totally forgotten. People would just remember the record setting 2011 season, and the SB in 2012.
lol
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
f**k no

^^This^^

Had we won the SB, it wouldve been the most amazing tightrope walk of all time for a kicker. I cannot believe that he didnt cost us our division title, our 1st round bye, our Divisional playoff game, our NFC Champ game, OR the SB.

We made it through all that with basically the worst kicker in the NFL, and it never came back to bite us. Unfortunately for Akers, had we won the SB, his horrible season wouldve been totally forgotten. People would just remember the record setting 2011 season, and the SB in 2012.

I don't think so. Even if we won the Super Bowl, nobody would want him back next season because we'd all remember his crappy 2012 season.
Unless there is a clear and correctable reason as to why he started failing so miserably, I don't see why he'd be back.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Unless there is a clear and correctable reason as to why he started failing so miserably, I don't see why he'd be back.

Kicking with a double hernia seems to be a clear reason to why he was missing kicks... an offseason to heal his body seems like a logical solution
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Kicking with a double hernia seems to be a clear reason to why he was missing kicks... an offseason to heal his body seems like a logical solution

He's also 38 / 39ish now and that can easily recur. We need to move on. The Florida State kicker.