LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 353 users in the forums

how bout we release gore and rogers....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what if its revis...
BLASPHEMER!
Originally posted by sanfran49:
what if its revis...

Over-priced, injury prone, doesn't fit our team philosophy, we don't break the bank for 1 player, etc.
Benching/trading Alex was one thing - players did respect the guy, but you want to see a locker room go APE$HIT? You release the most LOVED player and one of the all time best 49ers in the clubs history right before we're about to make another SB run, and you will see straight up mutiny on the ship!
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I don't see it happening this year, but I can see the salary cap benefits of doing so. The drop-off between Gore and Hunter may not be that much. I don't know how hard it will be to keep Crabtree/Aldon Smith/Kaepernick/Anthony Davis/Iupati and probably several others, but I would release Gore before letting any of the other 5 go. Hopefully, they can work their salary cap magic to keep Gore along with those 5.

The problem with letting players like Goldson go is that the drop off is so huge. Gore has capable backups, we don't have backups in areas like Safety and WR.
Horrible idea. Right after Gore proves that he can be strong in the 18th fricking game of the season if he gets spelled during the season, release him? Horrible idea. He's the best blocker in the backfield. He's still got burst. He's still got a few years left with this help they're giving him. Horrrrrriiiiibbbble idea.
Gore is worth every cent he makes. Theres no "legit" free agents that are better.
yea--- Gore aint goin NOWHERE!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Horrible idea. Right after Gore proves that he can be strong in the 18th fricking game of the season if he gets spelled during the season, release him? Horrible idea. He's the best blocker in the backfield. He's still got burst. He's still got a few years left with this help they're giving him. Horrrrrriiiiibbbble idea.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I have to reply. We wont save 6-7 million on Rogers, remember salaries are made up of non guaranteed base salaries, and guaranteed money already prorated.

We dont go for free agents, we do the draft. We haven't had a good FA signing since Justin Smith. Aside from Rogers from 2011 version.

and even he was a bargain basement 1 year deal. at cb guys like nnamdi and even richard marshall were more sought after free agents right after the lockout ended. thats the type of fa signings we will do, we have too many good players who need to be paid to be blowing our load on hit or miss situations. the justins smith, nate clements and jonas jennings days are done.

How bout no...
This is what happens when the Giants cut their starting RB. Doesn't mean they did the right thing. It just means that it makes people think we should be doing the same thing.

Gore is older than SJax technically, but he doesn't have the miles. Even if Gore only rushes for 700 yards next year because we gave touches to other guys, he's our guy when it comes closing time. He makes everything better for everyone else on the offense, and when that's not happening, I get the sense he'll know and we'll move on.

You don't cut Gore. He cuts you.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Someone has been hitting the ganja a little too hard since the loss IMVHO .....

I think everyone is hitting the Ganja too hard since the loss however some have made it back from the "Dude that's a trip", days. Must have been acid to have a flash back that bad.
Originally posted by bassmanr:
I think everyone is hitting the Ganja too hard since the loss however some have made it back from the "Dude that's a trip", days. Must have been acid to have a flash back that bad.

Ok, my bad
Do you hear "Twilight Zone" music?
Share 49ersWebzone