There are 160 users in the forums

how bout we release gore and rogers....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
okay, putting feeling bad for frank aside, what if we were to release Gore? We save those 6-7 mil we have to pay for him, along with trading smith, releasing Akers and Parys... Then release Rogers and save the 7 mil on his contract.

You say why Gore and Rogers? well we have depth , cheap depth may i add, with hunter and LMJ. Plus they are perfect quick backs for our new offense under Kaep.
We release, Carlos Rogers and then sign Goldson comfortably and go after an actual shut down corner like Revis.

Am I reaching here?
OK PUT THAT PIPE DOWN !!!!

GORES not going anywhere !
i wish we could release you for that. Gore will be a niner as long as he wants to be. dude put up 1400 yards and smashed in the post season and you wanna release him???
Originally posted by redrazer45:
OK PUT THAT PIPE DOWN !!!!

GORES not going anywhere !

dont get me wrong, I love Gore, I have 3 of his jerseys and aside from willis, has been my favorite niner for past 5 yrs... that aside, hes up there in age and we need to start thinking about signing younger players and reaching out to legit free agents
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
is you cray
I have to reply. We wont save 6-7 million on Rogers, remember salaries are made up of non guaranteed base salaries, and guaranteed money already prorated.

We dont go for free agents, we do the draft. We haven't had a good FA signing since Justin Smith. Aside from Rogers from 2011 version.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
This is something the Bill Walsh era 49ers would have done. Well, they would have tried to trade them first, of course.
Gore is one of the best players on the team and the best RB in 49ers history..you don't just release him

No no no

....did someone just suggest we release Frank Gore?
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Feb 13, 2013 at 3:36 PM ]

Rogers? fine by me

Gore?
Originally posted by artiga1:
Gore is one of the best players on the team and the best RB in 49ers history..you don't just release him

Lock and ban?
Someone has been hitting the ganja a little too hard since the loss IMVHO .....
Originally posted by sanfran49:
okay, putting feeling bad for frank aside, what if we were to release Gore? We save those 6-7 mil we have to pay for him, along with trading smith, releasing Akers and Parys... Then release Rogers and save the 7 mil on his contract.

You say why Gore and Rogers? well we have depth , cheap depth may i add, with hunter and LMJ. Plus they are perfect quick backs for our new offense under Kaep.
We release, Carlos Rogers and then sign Goldson comfortably and go after an actual shut down corner like Revis.

Am I reaching here?

This would be a HUGE mistake. Rogers AND Gore took less to stay with us and Gore is a true leader. It would be very bad mojo to not reward players who took less to stay here, especially when they are possibly the best at their position on this team. I know an argument can be made against Rogers but he did sign us for cheaper than what he could have gotten.

Goldson and Alex on the other hand, were not getting more anywhere else which is why they didn't take any pay cut.
Share 49ersWebzone