There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who would you prefer to be behind Frank Gore on the depth chart?

Who would you prefer to be behind Frank Gore on the depth chart?

Originally posted by fryet:
As far as I am concerned, I don't think it is a given that Gore will be on the top of the depth chart next year. He will have to earn the starting job, and may the best RB win.

You're high
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
As far as I am concerned, I don't think it is a given that Gore will be on the top of the depth chart next year. He will have to earn the starting job, and may the best RB win.

What could possess you to even remotely believe Gore is going to have to battle for his spot.

He is getting older, and the other RB are getting better. No spot on the starting line-up is promised, it must be earned.
They are both the backups. They can both come in and contribute. We will likely see them in the backfield together when hunter is healthy.
Neither..They are utility backs, not every down backs..Need to draft future starter this April and he'll carry the load.
I wanna see a fullhouse backfield with all three in the game
If Hunter is 100% then definitely him

still try to give James like 5 touches per game though

You're nuts. He's coming off the second best season of his career and finished fresh. People have been saying Gore is finished for the past 4 years.

No respect...
Originally posted by MCrabs15:

What could possess you to even remotely believe Gore is going to have to battle for his spot.

He is getting older, and the other RB are getting better. No spot on the starting line-up is promised, it must be earned.

Pass the dutch... Gore is starter. See my previous comment for validation of logic.
Hunter will spell Gore when he needs rest and rotate in to keep Gore fresh just like he was doing before he was injured. James should be used more like a Sproles, the odd hand off, but mainly for screens and quick throws out of the backfield. get him in open space and let him use quickness to gain yards.

SHould Gore go down to injury, Hunter is the obviuous replacement. I love the way Hunter runs the ball.

My question is due to the timing of Hunter and Manningham's injuries, will either be ready for the start of the season?
Hunter for sure.

Also, have LMJ increase amount of snaps and carries. This will help him improve on all levels; blocking, running, receiving.

Find a Gore clone. Maybe Jewel Hampton is that guy?
Hunter: 1 fumble in 2 years
James: 2 fumbles in 7 games + a couple that were very close.

If Hunter comes back 100% I honestly think he'll be a star in this league. The guy is tough as hell, a great pass blocker, and awesome runner. He's our RB of the future when Gore retires.
[ Edited by Disp on Feb 13, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]
It's Hunter and it's not even close. Kendall's a terrific player...just got hurt but he'll be back. I do like LMJ's game, and there's room for all three to do their thing. We've all heard Roman's going to make the offense more innovative...and I'd bet these three will be an integral part of that.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
of course its hunter. i think we are in such a good spot with the running back thing that I do not think we have to draft a gore like back untill next year. i think frankie boy still has two good years left in him.... in regards to romans comments about being innovative, what the f**k?? how about just do the basics with the best running game and run blocking line in the game when you are first and goal at the 7. f**king idiot
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
What do we with Dixon? He's a great special teams player, and is great at actually making the "Jumbo Package" work, but 4 backs on the roster?

Don't forget, Miller counts as a back too.
thank you for talking about dixon. i am on board with him and he showed me alot when jacobs imploded. why he did not get called on in the super bowl after gore broke off that big run is beyond me , you can not tell me he ,,, ahh forget it
Hard to say. I really liked Hunter, but it feels like it's been forever since he was on the field. I've seen James be so explosive at times lately, it's difficult choose. This feels like a good problem to have.