There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 Salary Cap Outlook, plus can the 49ers add a big name via Trade (Webzone Exclusive)

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Well Maiocco finally caught on. I was first to report Brooks' salary reduction.

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/01/30/brooks-salary-decreased-browns-increased/

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/1/3938974/49ers-salary-cap-ahmad-brooks-tarell-brown-donte-whitner-contract

https://twitter.com/AB83Rules/status/296667810103447553

https://twitter.com/AB83Rules/status/296862090562510848

Not trying to steal anyone's thunder, just want to get that I had the info before Maiocco had it.

Brooks decrease isnt because of sack total though.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Well Maiocco finally caught on. I was first to report Brooks' salary reduction.

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/01/30/brooks-salary-decreased-browns-increased/

http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/1/3938974/49ers-salary-cap-ahmad-brooks-tarell-brown-donte-whitner-contract

https://twitter.com/AB83Rules/status/296667810103447553

https://twitter.com/AB83Rules/status/296862090562510848

Not trying to steal anyone's thunder, just want to get that I had the info before Maiocco had it.

Brooks decrease isnt because of sack total though.

My information from my source was 12 sacks, or a decrease. He also could waive them by winning 12 game, 93% Playing Time and NFC Title Game apperance. He also can get $500,000 more for 12 sacks the previous year.
Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
I think Percy can be a 1,000yd receiver with Kaep throwing to him. There I said it. In fact, him and crabs can do it

Not to get all gushy, but with Vernon in the mix (and maybe Delanie coming back too) our passing offense will be roughly as dynamic as the ATL aerial attack was this year. And that obviously would improve our running game immensly.

I think the whole thing depends on Mario's injury recovery and AJ Jenkins development. If we sign or trade for a brand name WR, that tells me the front office thinks 1 or both of those things is not progressing how they would like.

Put my in the camp of sticking with what we have if they're all healthy. Manningham looked great in the short time he had with Colin.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
AB your work on here is amazing, we can't thank you enough.

No thank you, without you guys opening up in 2005 I wouldn't still be here, and be taken seriously.I've tried my best over the years of being as accurate as possible.

You've always been a NT MVP. It's like having our own GM/Financial Department we can go to see if "this is even a realistic option." You keep us honest bro.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blm7754:
True, but I think you are way overestimating the salaries that these guys will get when resigned. I could see maybe $12M for Kaep, $7M for Crab, $8M for Aldon, and no more than $5M for Iupati (he's a guard for f**ks sake).


Hi, I'm reality, have we met????



Joe "f'ng" Flacco is asking for $20 mil and will probably get $16 million. For 2015, QB's like Eli, Matt Stafford and Phillip Rivers will be earning $15 mil+ per season.

Crabtree won't settle for $7 million when lesser receivers such as Santonio Holmes are getting paid $8 or $9, as a bonafide #1 WR, he'll approach the $9-10 million dollar range.

Aldon Smith has about 35 sacks in 2 seasons, the going rate for a dominating edge pass rusher is $10 million+ a year. DeMarcus Ware will be earning $12 million+ over the next few years, so that's a good range for him.


Top NFL guards such as Iupati are raking in $6 to 7 million as a base salary currently.


People don't realize how lucky we have been with our cap. The Bowman deal was insane. We can't expect all of our players to agree to that type of deal.

After next year, Kap will be a 20+ million QB. Don't kid yourselves.
We will be LUCKY to keep Aldon for 12 million.
LUCKY to keep Crabtree for 9 million.

Those are the three players we MUST sign.

That's, at a minimum, 41 million of our cap right there. Think O-line is important? I haven't even talked about Iupati, A Davis. I haven't talked about our safeties. Despite this, people want to keep Alex Smith for 9 million, and go after huge free agents? Reality is beginning to catch up to our team, and people are going to be crying and whining about how "York is cheap" etc pretty soon again, because they don't understand the salary cap situation.

Letting go of:
Goodwin
Akers
Ginn
Goldson
Alex Smith
Rogers
Walker

Will probably be enough to keep the rest of the players we have if we are creative and front load some of the contracts; but going after players like Bowe, Harvin, Revis? That'll happen. In a video game.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I don't see the Niners making a big move for a free agent. I guess Percy Harvin is a possibility, but they've been developing their own players and they've got a boat load of draft picks this year. I expect them to spend most of their extra cap money on a long-term contract for Goldson.

Old school Niner way.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by blm7754:
True, but I think you are way overestimating the salaries that these guys will get when resigned. I could see maybe $12M for Kaep, $7M for Crab, $8M for Aldon, and no more than $5M for Iupati (he's a guard for f**ks sake).


Hi, I'm reality, have we met????



Joe "f'ng" Flacco is asking for $20 mil and will probably get $16 million. For 2015, QB's like Eli, Matt Stafford and Phillip Rivers will be earning $15 mil+ per season.

Crabtree won't settle for $7 million when lesser receivers such as Santonio Holmes are getting paid $8 or $9, as a bonafide #1 WR, he'll approach the $9-10 million dollar range.

Aldon Smith has about 35 sacks in 2 seasons, the going rate for a dominating edge pass rusher is $10 million+ a year. DeMarcus Ware will be earning $12 million+ over the next few years, so that's a good range for him.


Top NFL guards such as Iupati are raking in $6 to 7 million as a base salary currently.


People don't realize how lucky we have been with our cap. The Bowman deal was insane. We can't expect all of our players to agree to that type of deal.

After next year, Kap will be a 20+ million QB. Don't kid yourselves.
We will be LUCKY to keep Aldon for 12 million.
LUCKY to keep Crabtree for 9 million.

Those are the three players we MUST sign.

That's, at a minimum, 41 million of our cap right there. Think O-line is important? I haven't even talked about Iupati, A Davis. I haven't talked about our safeties. Despite this, people want to keep Alex Smith for 9 million, and go after huge free agents? Reality is beginning to catch up to our team, and people are going to be crying and whining about how "York is cheap" etc pretty soon again, because they don't understand the salary cap situation.

Letting go of:
Goodwin
Akers
Ginn
Goldson
Alex Smith
Rogers
Walker

Will probably be enough to keep the rest of the players we have if we are creative and front load some of the contracts; but going after players like Bowe, Harvin, Revis? That'll happen. In a video game.

I think the point is, we have some guys that could look for some BIG TIME money, and most likely, we will be letting some guys go. When you have this much talent, you can't keep everyone, which is why the draft is so critical. It seems like history will repeat itself and the only thing that can stop us is the salary cap.
They shouldn't let Goodwin go. Cohesiveness on the O-line is a key to continued success for every team that has a run of being in contention.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They shouldn't let Goodwin go. Cohesiveness on the O-line is a key to continued success for every team that has a run of being in contention.

Agree.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
AB your work on here is amazing, we can't thank you enough.

+1
Originally posted by NCommand:
Awesome article AB!

I would imagine we are going to see some veterans dropped like we're seeing across the NFL as we speak. Here are a few who "could be" seriously considered. We have 14 draft picks, many players coming back from I.R., we're now a team FA's want to play for (offense/defense/new stadium/Superbowl) and will take less to do so, have players we've been developing for one full years, two full years, etc. We are now in position to UPGRADE over current starters:

CB Carlos Rogers - $7,344,531 - 1/2 assed it all year IMHO and clearly has lost a step and motivation
C Jonathan Goodwin - $5,016,667 - played well in the Q offense but is a youngster ready to go?
WR Mario Manningham - $4.95 million - no guarantee this guy will ever be the same and he only signed a 2-year deal anyhow
SS Donte Whitner - $4,933,333 - need money for Goldson and need a pure FS badly
OLB Parys Haralson - $2.87 million - one-trick pony that could be replaced by a younger OLB of either Cam Johnson or Darius Fleming with a full mental season under their belts (and may be less of an issue if we get that stud RDE/healthy Justin Smith)
WR Kyle Williams - $649,850 - again, great weapon but who knows if he'll ever be back up to 100% (although this kid has heart/motivation but still could be a cap/# casualty)
NT Ian Williams - $555,000 - ?
OLB Darius Fleming - $521,000 - ?
OLB Cam Johnson - $405,000 - ?

The guy I really want is Dwayne Bowe. Would he command way more than Harvin IYHO?
You and me both, NCommand... To me, the Niners' biggest need is a threat on 3rd downs and in the red zone... Bowe would not only provide that but in addition, he can stretch the field and provide good down field blocking for the running game. A perfect fit.
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
You and me both, NCommand... To me, the Niners' biggest need is a threat on 3rd downs and in the red zone... Bowe would not only provide that but in addition, he can stretch the field and provide good down field blocking for the running game. A perfect fit.

Garbage time stat stuffer for the loss. Not impressed by Bowe, he's incredibly overrated, takes plays off, doesn't seem to show up until the game is well in hand for the other team, struggles with dropped passes, much rather they take a shot at a WR like Da'Rick Rogers in the draft instead of seeing them blow a ton of cash on Bowe.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
You and me both, NCommand... To me, the Niners' biggest need is a threat on 3rd downs and in the red zone... Bowe would not only provide that but in addition, he can stretch the field and provide good down field blocking for the running game. A perfect fit.

Garbage time stat stuffer for the loss. Not impressed by Bowe, he's incredibly overrated, takes plays off, doesn't seem to show up until the game is well in hand for the other team, struggles with dropped passes, much rather they take a shot at a WR like Da'Rick Rogers in the draft instead of seeing them blow a ton of cash on Bowe.


Yes. Especially on the Rogers pick in the draft. Kid's a stud. Much better than Dwayne Bowe, who has been nonexistent the past few seasons (except in 'garbage time' as they call it)
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They shouldn't let Goodwin go. Cohesiveness on the O-line is a key to continued success for every team that has a run of being in contention.


The Ravens O-line had injuries all year and the players were shuffled around right before the playoffs. They were one of the least cohesive units in the NFL.
sorry guys but the top 5 FA WR are not coming to SF period, The only FA WR i think might sign with us is Gregg Jennings, he will the least expensive and is still in great condition and a damn good 2 WR in the league , He can Stretch out DEF as well as run slot routs all day. he is a veteran like Moss but 10 times better. he is th answer to our lack of WR corps and i really see us singing him.

with that being said we could cut some players to also grab a great NT, DE, DT, S, CB in the draft, we have a lot of picks to work with as well as #11 to add in aquiring our offseason pick ups/ draft picks.

I say cut'.........

Whitner ; middle of the pack S in the nfl and we fan easily find his replacement in the drat, he is horrible in Coverage and is getting older. bye!

Carlos Rogers. for getting 7 mill a year he simply was an avg CB this year not the pro bowler we saw last year...very disappointing We can easily add a CB and can easily draft his successor or through FA

Goodwin; bye, getting way older had a terrible season not worth 5 mill
l

sopaogal same as goodwin he is getting older and had a down season this draft class is full of off./ def lineman who we can acquire to start right away

As far as WR is concerned our time as a super bowl contender for the next 5 years. Ballke should be open to shop the market and pull the trigger on a WR who will be expensive but also would help us get back to the SB and now we have CK a great WR will actually be utilized via CK's great arm and accuracy, I say keep Delanie possibly but also draft a high TE who will have better hands and be bigger for a better RZ threat.