There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What advice would you give to any 49ers for 2013 Season?

-Trade Alex Smith with a 2nd Rounder for Darrelle Revis - Carlos Rogers was inconsistent all season long
-Terrell Brown had more ups than downs, no complaints for him
-Chris Culliver had some good plays and bad plays but still young and I expect big improvements from him this coming season
-Draft a decent DT in the 1st Round - Our DLine is getting old
-49ers need to work on their Nickel Defense
-Let AJ Jenkins play more so he can get the feel
-mix it up a little bit and go back to basics which is precise short passing game(West Coast offense), Read-Option and etc.
-Colin Kaepernick needs to work on his short pass accuracy. Other than that, he's excellent.
[ Edited by RD_Town on Feb 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM ]
Practice A LOT more -- your mental focus sucks (e.g., first f**king play of the SB besides the kick off).
Quit celebrating after every frikkin 1st down play (VD, Crabs). Save it for the endzone.
No more distractions off the field (Crabs, Aldon, Culliver)
To the Roman and Harbaugh: Enough of our f**king plays being snapped at <5 seconds on the f**king play clock! Happened all season whether it was CK or Alex, and it happened a lot in the SB!!!!
  • Rask
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RD_Town:
-Trade Alex Smith with a 2nd Rounder for Darrelle Revis - Carlos Rogers was inconsistent all season long
-Chris Culliver had some good plays and bad plays but still young and I expect big improvements from him this coming season
-mix it up a little bit and go back to basics which is precise short passing game(West Coast offense), Read-Option and etc.
-Colin Kaepernick needs to work on his short pass accuracy. Other than that, he's excellent.

-It is going to cost a heck of a lot more to get Darelle Revis. I have a feeling 49ers are not going to be able to unload Alex Smith unless they are willing to get lowballed in the trade. Might be beter off just releasing him outright. Harbaugh would've had a heck of a lot more credibility if he had just started Kapernick at the beginning of the season instead of waiting to take Smith's job away when he got injured. Awful decision how that happenned.

-Colin Kapernick will be fine with his short pass accuracy. I think that is an area that he addresses in the off season. Gore should be incorporated in the short passing game some more in order to save some of the hits Kapernick defenses are going to want to lay on Kapernick next season.
  • Rask
  • Veteran
The main advice I would give to 49ers is to be accountable for your own game. Stop living in the past and making excuses about "the better team didn't win today" or "they lucked out and we gave it to them." Get rid of that attitude immediately and maybe San Francisco 49ers will be able to move forward. I higjhly doubt that a slong as Jim Harbaugh is their coach that they do get rid of that attitude because it starts with him.

Frank Gore's comments after the game about "Baltimore Ravens not being the better team on SuperBowl Sunday" was an embarrassment.
To Alex Smith: Thank you for a being a good soldier and always been a big fan of yours since 05. You had a bad timing and deal here in SF land. It was cool to see you wear SF Giants hat too. I hope you do well with other teams. You are still young and now been Harbaughtised, use those skills and knowledge. FYI. Thanks for turning off the power during the Super Bowl. You've always willing to help out. LOL and just kidding.

FYI. For all the crap you've been through, you could be a good coach one day with all that experience and knowledge. Good luck again and thank you.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RD_Town:

you do not "let" players play,, jenkins has to earn it,. he could not even beat out chad hall for gods sake for playing time on the field,, camp ck is his last shot and if not,, Jh will have to swallow his ego and admit a mistake
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rask:
-It is going to cost a heck of a lot more to get Darelle Revis. I have a feeling 49ers are not going to be able to unload Alex Smith unless they are willing to get lowballed in the trade. Might be beter off just releasing him outright. Harbaugh would've had a heck of a lot more credibility if he had just started Kapernick at the beginning of the season instead of waiting to take Smith's job away when he got injured. Awful decision how that happenned.

-Colin Kapernick will be fine with his short pass accuracy. I think that is an area that he addresses in the off season. Gore should be incorporated in the short passing game some more in order to save some of the hits Kapernick defenses are going to want to lay on Kapernick next season.
the trade market is good for alex due to lack of good quarterbacks in college, you hope for a third but settle for a fourth from kc , the browns and yes even division foe cardinals. playing the cards and alex twice a year does not worry me as much as our mental block against the rams
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rask:
The main advice I would give to 49ers is to be accountable for your own game. Stop living in the past and making excuses about "the better team didn't win today" or "they lucked out and we gave it to them." Get rid of that attitude immediately and maybe San Francisco 49ers will be able to move forward. I higjhly doubt that a slong as Jim Harbaugh is their coach that they do get rid of that attitude because it starts with him.

Frank Gore's comments after the game about "Baltimore Ravens not being the better team on SuperBowl Sunday" was an embarrassment.

not half as much as the fans crying and screaming about the refs screwing us every time we lose a game, esp the last one(even though refs had nothing to do with our loss and how bad we played)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Start faster so your not playing from behind all game.
Don't go to strip clubs on the weekend of super bowls.
To the whole team especially the Vets: Don't dwell on the past, last season was last season.. Use the experiance to your advantage. Go get that ring!
Just win baby...er...wrong team...oh, what the hell...just win!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Just win baby...er...wrong team...oh, what the hell...just win!

LOL.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Don't listen to any 49er Webzoner