Hunter/LMJ/Gore Combo

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Donnies49ers:
I still hope Gore can keep it going!
i think he has two more very good years in him
Originally posted by thl408:
When Hunter went down, I thought the running game would suffer a huge setback, but LMJ filled in nicely. Then LMJ fumbles in the SB. Would Hunter have fumbled? Argh!!

This combo is going to work wonders next year. Hunter is just as quick, but is much harder to tackle than LMJ.

Everybody fumbles. LMJ didn't fumble much in college and didn't do it in big games. If he did, he would have been labled that coming out of college. If Hunter is healthy, I like him better right now, but don't count LMJ out, he might become the better player in the long run.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i really really hope that james works extra hard on punt returns here in the off season,. i am fine with kyle being the man this year and cox is a ok back up, if he makes the team. But i really hope james can complement his kickoff and running duties with punt returning
Yound guys who can really fly. Will need a big back to complement them in the future.

Gore, IMO, will still be "The Man" and continue playing well for 2 years. Less ccarries will extend his career.

As long as we can keep a TOP TIER Oline our RB will continue to produce.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yound guys who can really fly. Will need a big back to complement them in the future.

Gore, IMO, will still be "The Man" and continue playing well for 2 years. Less ccarries will extend his career.

I completely agree. I like that we're drafting OL's in the later rounds to groom as future replacements since we can't keep everyone, although I'd really like to keep Davis. As for RB's, we're set with Gore, Hunter and james next year, but Dixon is very average at best. We should draft a bigger back in the later rounds to see if we can get an upgrade.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SD49ers:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

I completely agree. I like that we're drafting OL's in the later rounds to groom as future replacements since we can't keep everyone, although I'd really like to keep Davis. As for RB's, we're set with Gore, Hunter and james next year, but Dixon is very average at best. We should draft a bigger back in the later rounds to see if we can get an upgrade.
respectfully disagree in regards to dixon. after jacobs hit the the road, dixon really upped his game as a back and a special teams person. no he is very valuable when we need that one tough yard on third and one and he will get lots of carries on goal line situations. no need to draft any running backs in my opinion this year
Originally posted by cciowa:
respectfully disagree in regards to dixon. after jacobs hit the the road, dixon really upped his game as a back and a special teams person. no he is very valuable when we need that one tough yard on third and one and he will get lots of carries on goal line situations. no need to draft any running backs in my opinion this year
He's definitely improved ST's but we picked up a few guys specifically to bolster our ST's. AD hasn't been great picking up the tough yard. With Gore getting up there and limited upside with Dixon, I think we should take a flier on a late round big guy.
When Kaep took over for Alex, his superior arm strength meant we threw and completed more intermediate routes. Short passes to the backs, which cautious Alex threw a lot of, were forgotten with Kaep's big arm. I would love to see LMJ get more balls thrown to him in space. Yes, he can run between the tackles, but utilize him the way the Saints use Sproles, who caught a lot of balls in space in the playoff game 2 seasons ago.
Share 49ersWebzone