There are 161 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hunter/LMJ/Gore Combo

Originally posted by SFTifoso:
LMJ will be our P and K returner. Ginn will be released. Dixon will stay because he's a good special teamer and really good in the jumbo package. I think we will roll with 4 backs next season.

LMJ with he K returner, sharing duty with hunter.

IMO KW will be on PR duties.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Does anyone know the severity of Hunter's achilles tear? Someone posted an article about NFL athletes and how they play after coming back from an achilles tear. It was not a feel good article.

yup, its something that most if not all dont talk about.
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Does anyone know the severity of Hunter's achilles tear? Someone posted an article about NFL athletes and how they play after coming back from an achilles tear. It was not a feel good article.

Suggs seemed to perform just fine.

Hunter is the wild card to the run game. He is the only back on the roster with both good inside running ability and speed to take it the distance. That is not to say he is better than Gore or James...but he's the only one with that current combination. What's great about that is that the other two both specialize in one or the other...then you have Dixon who has improved dramatically with his short yardage running. 4 RBs who can all play good ball. Very rare in the NFL today.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I really wish they used them more often. Screens, dump-offs (ironic, I know), circles, etc to get these speedy, shifty guys in space. I felt they didn't really utilize them other than on the ground.

Agreed. Also, Bruce Miller should be used like Rathman used to be. The guy can move and he isn't afraid of contact. I would love to give him the ball to wear down LBs and DBs. Then use LMJ/Hunter in the screen game. Gore can get his normal carries. I'm shocked that Roman didn't use any of that stuff.
Originally posted by reasonable1:

Hunter is the wild card to the run game. He is the only back on the roster with both good inside running ability and speed to take it the distance. That is not to say he is better than Gore or James...but he's the only one with that current combination. What's great about that is that the other two both specialize in one or the other...then you have Dixon who has improved dramatically with his short yardage running. 4 RBs who can all play good ball. Very rare in the NFL today.

Yes, but Suggs only partially tore his achilles
dixon actually did good in his minimal carryload. he seemed to hit the hole better than previous years
Love the combo, lets add the dude from Michigan state and have the best 4 RBs stay.
Four-headed monsters.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I really wish they used them more often. Screens, dump-offs (ironic, I know), circles, etc to get these speedy, shifty guys in space. I felt they didn't really utilize them other than on the ground.

Agreed. Also, Bruce Miller should be used like Rathman used to be. The guy can move and he isn't afraid of contact. I would love to give him the ball to wear down LBs and DBs. Then use LMJ/Hunter in the screen game. Gore can get his normal carries. I'm shocked that Roman didn't use any of that stuff.

I dont like the fact that we have gotten entirely aay from the I formation. With a FB like miller, and a back like Gore, there is still plenty of benefits to funning out of the I. The pistol should be mixed in, but we should utilize a nice split of formations to keep the defense guessing in the run game and fully exploit defensive weaknesses in the run game.
I hope they all get their touches, because all 3 are playmakers, our future is so bright!
Anyone else have a feeling the Niners will have an explosive almost unstoppable offense next season...chip on their shoulder and electrifying QB....mix that with a top notch defense that should only get better with 1 or 2 players added...
^^^ agreed!

I'd like a lot less runs from CK unless they are wide open lanes and he continues to go out of bounds or gets down early.

has anybody heard about the severity of hunters injury? one may have nothing to do with the other and im not even sure about the answer myself but i would believe that the physical demands are different for a rb as opposed to olb/de. i would love it if hunter came back 100%, i just think it's wishful thinking though. i hope i'm wrong.
All three are outstanding. I see Gore and Hunter spelling each other with LMJ getting specialty roles and being our featured returner. I think he could be special in the punt return department. Doesn't have that gear that Ginn has, but he quickness and ability to break arm tackles is huge and more important, IMO.

mickell leshoure from detroit might be a nice comparison, he tore it after the lockout and played decent last season