There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Hunter/LMJ/Gore Combo

i think itll be gore and hunter getting the lions share of the caries but the coaches will find ways to get james involved. theres no way you leave that guy on the sidelines. his speed has to be accounted for at all times by the defense
I tend to agree. I think Gore still has the patience and the vision but the break away spped threat is gone. Maybe if Hunter was the runner Reed would not have caught up to him and knocked him out of bounds like he did Frank. I want us to draft a back with power and spped for Frank to groom. I am just not comfortabke with the stable of backs that we have.
Does anyone know the severity of Hunter's achilles tear? Someone posted an article about NFL athletes and how they play after coming back from an achilles tear. It was not a feel good article.
I boxed in the Golden Gloves in NYC and as a professional sparing partner while working my way through college.

One punch knock-out capability is rare - successful combination punching can destroy almost anyone.

Talk about "Combination Punching" with our 3 backs the enemy won't know what to cover up first. And all will stay fresh and powerful. Opposing D's will have their work cut out for them. Gore will still be VERY tough because of rest. In addition, they're ALL are good receivers.

Hunter brings so much quality to the RGame and LMJ having a full camp will be greatly improved.

Finally, spraking of improved backfield, Miller was outstanding this season and I expect even more next year.
Our offense next year has the potential to be downright elite. Top 5 potential for sure. The run blocking our our offensive line is tremendous. This three-headed monster that we have should go a long way in keeping everybody fresh. Give Gore 15-20 carries a game, and LMJ and Kendall Hunter another 3-5 and we are absolutely set.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I think LMJ will be our official 3rd down back. Can easily see him being used similar to Sproles.

^This
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I boxed in the Golden Gloves in NYC and as a professional sparing partner while working my way through college.

One punch knock-out capability is rare - successful combination punching can destroy almost anyone.

Talk about "Combination Punching" with our 3 backs the enemy won't know what to cover up first. And all will stay fresh and powerful. Opposing D's will have their work cut out for them. Gore will still be VERY tough because of rest. In addition, they're ALL are good receivers.

Hunter brings so much quality to the RGame and LMJ having a full camp will be greatly improved.

Finally, spraking of improved backfield, Miller was outstanding this season and I expect even more next year.

Coach Rathman is really developing our RB's nicely.
The big thing is going to be health: can these three (Gore especially, with his history/age) and our line stay healthy!?
I have a feeling LMJ will break out next year since he is the most comfortable out of the read option AND is the faster back. He is 5'9 whereas Kendall is 5'7.

I think Gore is going to be phased out slowly beginning with the 2013 season. He rushed for 1214 but man there were plays in there that Hunter or James takes to the house.

Hunter will really need to get used to the read option. Frank never really got used to the read option until we starting running with Kaepernick more in the playoffs.

Their were also plays that Gores patience and awareness allowed him to gain 30 yards that Hunter and LMJ couldn't have hit. So don't count Gore out yet. He is just as good as anyone not named Adrian
This will be a powerful trio.
Scary! That's all I can say.
Gore is not slowing down. His speed might be less than before, yes, but he's got an unbelievable ability to anticipate blocks/holes.

He's an amazing between the tackles runner...just not a homerun threat. But that's ok...I'd still take him over almost every other starting RB.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
I have a feeling LMJ will break out next year since he is the most comfortable out of the read option AND is the faster back. He is 5'9 whereas Kendall is 5'7.

I think Gore is going to be phased out slowly beginning with the 2013 season. He rushed for 1214 but man there were plays in there that Hunter or James takes to the house.

Hunter will really need to get used to the read option. Frank never really got used to the read option until we starting running with Kaepernick more in the playoffs.

Their were also plays that Gores patience and awareness allowed him to gain 30 yards that Hunter and LMJ couldn't have hit. So don't count Gore out yet. He is just as good as anyone not named Adrian

No, I think Gore is easily capable of another 1200 yard season. I'm just thinking about what fits best in our offense if we decide to go with the read option or with the Q formation.

Also, I would not call ANY designed runs for Kaep in the regular season and go all out with those designed QB runs in the playoffs similar to what we did with Steve.

I think the best option with this much talent at RB is to use Hunter and LMJ more in passing to the flats to truly spread the LB's apart and hit them with Vernon in the Seam if they want to go Cover 2 or Gore up the middle.

I think we will actually be a better running team next year and a more authentic WCO spread the ball to the RB's passing team.
LMJ will be our P and K returner. Ginn will be released. Dixon will stay because he's a good special teamer and really good in the jumbo package. I think we will roll with 4 backs next season.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Feb 7, 2013 at 6:25 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by thl408:
When Hunter went down, I thought the running game would suffer a huge setback, but LMJ filled in nicely. Then LMJ fumbles in the SB. Would Hunter have fumbled? Argh!!

This combo is going to work wonders next year. Hunter is just as quick, but is much harder to tackle than LMJ.

No way. Hunter never fumbles...seriously, he doesn't. That said, I'm very excited to get Hunter back. He and Manningham were ENORMOUS loses. At least when Hunter went down we had LMJ who now has a lot of experience including the Superbowl. When Manningham and Williams went down Jenkins got a ton of experience and will be even better next year. Oh wait. Um.

Anyhow, Hunter is just so explosive off the edge AND he has a little Gore in him where he always seems to get an extra yard or two. Plus he's extremely patient AND can run inside as well...and with power. Now that both Frank/LMJ have adjusted their games to the Q offense, with a healthy (praying) Hunter back in the mix and a whole off season to develop the timing of running out of the Q, this should be a very exciting trio next year WITH CK back there as well.

Gore had like 5.8 yards per carry in the superbowl. He had 5.1 YPC in the post season on 63 attempts, and had a long of over double what LMJ had at 33. Frank is still the man. Its not about hitting the home run always, with the run game its about consistancy. Consistancy in the run game allows big plays by the rest of the offense.

IMO the depth is still gore, hunter, LMJ in 2013.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home