There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Lamar Divens, Kenny Wiggins and Nate Stupar signed to reserve/futures contracts

According to Rotoworld.

UPDATE: Ricardo Lockette also has signed a futures contract with us.

Divens has a 2yr deal with salaries of $555K(2013) and $645K(2014)
Wiggins has a 2yr deal with salaries of $405K(2013) and $495K(2014)
Stupar has same as Wiggins
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Feb 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM ]
championship
who?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
who?

Practice squaders, duh,
I wouldn't be so sure it's all practice squad. I think the process is just starting. Divens is 6'3" 340, a nose tackle. Wiggins is 6'6" 314 DT. The Niners are going to find a way to get depth at the Def. Tackle position and get bigger and taller at that position so they can crush the pocket and keep their OLB's out on the edge.

That way they contain Russell Wilson inside and make it hard for him to scramble and see his receivers. These guys will be competing with draft picks. The draft is filled with big, tall D-tackles. How do you keep Russell Wilson from having 16 second scrambles? Your OLB's guard the edges and your interior linemen crush the pocket and keep their heads up to try to knock down his passes and block his throwing lanes. You take advantage of the fact that he's 5'10". That's what the Steelers did to Fran Tarkenton and that's what the Niners will do to Russell Wilson.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I wouldn't be so sure it's all practice squad. I think the process is just starting. Divens is 6'3" 340, a nose tackle. Wiggins is 6'6" 314 DT. The Niners are going to find a way to get depth at the Def. Tackle position and get bigger and taller at that position so they can crush the pocket and keep their OLB's out on the edge.

That way they contain Russell Wilson inside and make it hard for him to scramble and see his receivers. These guys will be competing with draft picks. The draft is filled with big, tall D-tackles. How do you keep Russell Wilson from having 16 second scrambles? Your OLB's guard the edges and your interior linemen crush the pocket and keep their heads up to try to knock down his passes and block his throwing lanes. You take advantage of the fact that he's 5'10". That's what the Steelers did to Fran Tarkenton and that's what the Niners will do to Russell Wilson.

Wiggins is a OT unless a position change has happened.
go lamar divens go
Originally posted by sfout:

Wiggins is a OT unless a position change has happened.

Nope he is a OT, I dont think he changed positions. He would of been the primary OT to come in for an injury had one happened.

Still waiting to see if Al Netter, Michael Thomas, Ricardo Lockette and Curtis Taylor sign contracts.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Nope he is a OT, I dont think he changed positions. He would of been the primary OT to come in for an injury had one happened.

Still waiting to see if Al Netter, Michael Thomas, Ricardo Lockette and Curtis Taylor sign contracts.

Would like to see Lockette become a useful player, he's got speed and size.

Nice
Originally posted by tohara3:

Nice

Size on the dline was deffinately an issue. They go manhandled a bit by that oversized baltomore oline. Theres room to improve. Thats why im solidly in the NT camp for the first round.
I want winners
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

I'm fairly certain Locvkette will. The others I'm not so sure of. We have 14 draft picks - I'm sure we'll trade a few away, but we're still talking 8-10 picks that will have a chance to compete for the PS at a bare minimum. IMHO, I also feel the Jenkins will get his head right this offseason. I think the NFL was just too big for him this year.

Article on Jenkins:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/06/5168682/49ers-notes-jenkins-vows-to-come.html

I'm guessing 3 or 4 WR's are drafted, starting in the 3rd round. The D-line and D-backs will be drafted in rounds 1 and 2. These are the names being bandied around for the 49ers first pick -
Matt Elam FS Florida
Jesse Williams DT Alabama
Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St.
There's also a safety, Last name Trufant, that's getting a lot of play at pick #31.
Originally posted by Beeker:
I'm fairly certain Locvkette will. The others I'm not so sure of. We have 14 draft picks - I'm sure we'll trade a few away, but we're still talking 8-10 picks that will have a chance to compete for the PS at a bare minimum. IMHO, I also feel the Jenkins will get his head right this offseason. I think the NFL was just too big for him this year.

Article on Jenkins:
http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/06/5168682/49ers-notes-jenkins-vows-to-come.html

I'm guessing 3 or 4 WR's are drafted, starting in the 3rd round. The D-line and D-backs will be drafted in rounds 1 and 2. These are the names being bandied around for the 49ers first pick -
Matt Elam FS Florida
Jesse Williams DT Alabama
Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Johnathan Hankins DT Ohio St.
There's also a safety, Last name Trufant, that's getting a lot of play at pick #31.
Williams and Hankins are both huge with reportedly non-stop motors. Just what the d line needs.
Williams and Hankins are both huge with reportedly non-stop motors. Just what the d line needs.

Me personally, I'd love to see them get Hankins. My wife is big time OSU homer and I got to see a lot of him this year. He's a monster, and man oh man - I know we won't get both of them, but Hankins AND Williams?