LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 225 users in the forums

Do the 49ers have the making of a 16-0 team next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Put me down for another 11-5, get to SB and win it. I don't see us winning in SEA. Cripes I hope we get a split with jeff fisher. Some losses actually do some good at times, and thinking about 16-0 is too big a distraction.. Besides, like CC, we need a guy who can cover deep, and being about 6'3" wouldn't hurt either. We need a PK. We need one DL , one OL, 2 WRs, (the way we go thru them, maybe 3), ditto cc on STs, which gave us an azz whooping this yr, incl, note, the SB. We very well may need an new OC, my personal preference being JH, who hires an OC that helps run things. I would rather see JH be like BW, bellicheat., etc, and call his own plays. If fangio stays around, his 3-4 better start blitzing or it is wasted. That is the whole idea of the 3-4 ...you never know where the blitz, the 5th guy is coming from. And fangio may be gone, or uninvited, but probably not.

Looking at all that, i don't see 16 wins or anywhere near. 11 or just enough for homefield is my number. But 16? Jeez, guys look at cc's want list. It is TRUTH. And that amt of deficiency doesn't even get a sniff of 16 Ws. Besides, I don't like 16 Ws. Give me a 11-12 W/yr, yr in yr out and let Miami and almost GB worry about no losses in the first 16 games.
Did I miss something through out the season? Or were the Seahawks just a dream? Those boys plus the rams are going to be tough as nails.
no
I would be surprised but not shocked I can see harbaugh taking the same attitude a bill bellacheck did in 07. Basically the disappointment of the sb spurring him to go out and get a mike Wallace and trade for revis... Ala moss/thomas 07 pats. Then when the games come just have kaep air out and put 45pts a game. Will it happen idk but I think harbaugh is very similar to BB.
Our team takes too many games off for that. Besides do you really want to go into the playoffs 16-0? I sure don't.
I hate threads like this and a reason for us continuing to fall short, you my friend are a jinx. Honestly I don't care as long as we get a 1 or a 2 seed and win the division again.
Obviously not, nor were we in 2011 & 2012. we don't need to go 16-0 just 3-0 in the playoffs
49erha, do you really think JH and baalke are going to blow 10, 11, 12 mil on welker, revis...et al, those guys perennial all pros, who are a bit older in their careers, and then screw up the carefully crafted salary cap they have worked so hard to maintain.? I wondered about wallace last yr, but he got tagged, and then is out there again this yr. I just don't see JH and baalke blowing a wad on a superstar, which drastically rearranges our cap issues, makes some current guys feel slighted, and other guys feel worse. Our guys are doing a near perfect job with drafting, cap, retention of stars(7 of 8 already signed).....the one muff is AJ...and maybe we don't know the entire story yet, unless he was a definite #1 pick intended for THIS yr... but that is really hard to believe with Fleener out there. Now that would have been a draft with LMJ and fleener. But alas it never happened. Still, looking at JH and baalke's hx, the likelihood of picking up a 12 mil $$ WR or cover back....I just don't see it happening.
no
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 16to87:
Obviously not, nor were we in 2011 & 2012. we don't need to go 16-0 just 3-0 in the playoffs

The only reason I ask is because we finally have a QB who can keep us in any game and dig us out of any holes we may find ourselves in. Of course I do not believe we will win every game next year. But if every game is a 3-7 point game in the 4th qtr I will believe we can win every one of them

Originally posted by Magzarillious:
I hate threads like this and a reason for us continuing to fall short, you my friend are a jinx. Honestly I don't care as long as we get a 1 or a 2 seed and win the division again.

Agreed with the jinx.

Personally id rather the niners didn't have a top seed. The last three teams to win didn't.
Share 49ersWebzone