There are 462 users in the forums
What a spectacular 2 yrs... How lucky we are.
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM
- jreff22
- Veteran
- Posts: 67,413
still have a stomach ache
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM
- DonnieDarko
- Veteran
- Posts: 66,884
I'm super excited for next year, mainly because of Kap.
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:14 PM
- Niners816
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,990
Great post....I totally agree. The foundation is very sound. We have a great opportunity to strengthen and solidify the roster in the draft. We all know what areas need addressed, but the facts of the nfl are if you have a coach and a qb you are always viable.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Feb 5, 2013 at 6:15 PM ]
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:18 PM
- pasodoc9er
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,040
Yeah, Jeff, it hurt, but not like after the Montana yrs. That wasn't a stomach ache, that was an ulcer...and it lasted 8 long, horrible yrs. But that's gone now and our future is nothing but superb. SB superb.
And yes, Donnie, I also am excited to see what Kap can do with a full yr under his belt. He has already shown the read option that led the Packers to the Little Bighorn. Yeah, SEA had it figured out with the DEs just holding the outside, and we got waxed before Roman realized what would happen if a team played D that way. No problem, Kap just reverts to a pocket passer, who when they have everyone covered, becomes our best running back. That is going to be the NFL's problem ALL next yr, and I like our odds. As for the read option, two words, RG 3. I am personally happy to see kap in pocket, and run if nobody open, but running 180 yds/game is just begging for trouble. Redskins found that out RG's first yr....and I hope we learned from it. Nobody wants to see our QB be the leading rusher...especially with backs like frank, hunter, LMJ. Like you, Donnie, I cannot wait.
And yes, Donnie, I also am excited to see what Kap can do with a full yr under his belt. He has already shown the read option that led the Packers to the Little Bighorn. Yeah, SEA had it figured out with the DEs just holding the outside, and we got waxed before Roman realized what would happen if a team played D that way. No problem, Kap just reverts to a pocket passer, who when they have everyone covered, becomes our best running back. That is going to be the NFL's problem ALL next yr, and I like our odds. As for the read option, two words, RG 3. I am personally happy to see kap in pocket, and run if nobody open, but running 180 yds/game is just begging for trouble. Redskins found that out RG's first yr....and I hope we learned from it. Nobody wants to see our QB be the leading rusher...especially with backs like frank, hunter, LMJ. Like you, Donnie, I cannot wait.
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM
- cashmahne
- Veteran
- Posts: 263
Doesn't feel like it at all. But coming off the worst loss in franchise history will do that.
Our team will be very good next season and with 12 to 14 picks our future is bright.
#MVPKaepShow2013
Our team will be very good next season and with 12 to 14 picks our future is bright.
#MVPKaepShow2013
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM
- Niners816
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,990
What keeps going through my mind is that this team was a game away last year and 5yards away this year with essentially one real healthy WR. Mario or Kyle would have been so huge this post season. In my mind Trent's sole responsibility now is to arm Kap with weapons. Honestly I would love to see a Welker/Cruz type slot WR added to this offense.
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM
- BayArea
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,664
Actually we are the most unlucky team on the face of the earth. If we were lucky we would have a cinderarella story or two right now instead of two gut wrenching ends to shoulda coulda woulda seasons. Just like the Bills of the early 90's. Should they consider them lucky for going 4 seasons in a row and losing every one? I don't think so.
Feb 5, 2013 at 6:51 PM
- SofaKing
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,442
It has been a great two years. Oddly enough, they've been more painful for me than the dark years. The highs are real high, but man oh man, the lows are really low. I can't wait for the next season to start. #6 can't come soon enough.
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:02 PM
- Niners816
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,990
Originally posted by SofaKing:It has been a great two years. Oddly enough, they've been more painful for me than the dark years. The highs are real high, but man oh man, the lows are really low. I can't wait for the next season to start. #6 can't come soon enough.
That my sentiment exactly. The dark years where really easy circa 2004-05. Every win was like Christmas and the losses just rolled off. Now these last two years felt just like the dynasty years to me. Every lose hurt for a week and every win was just relief. Honestly tho it just feels right again. Lets be real tho we just are not gonna see a run like 81-98 again that's just historic. Just take the pats for example the still need two more Super Bowls and six more great years to match our dynasty. NOw I absolutely loved the perfect Super Bowl record, but none of the other big boys are flawless either. Just gotta keep knocking on the door we will eventually get 6 and beyond.
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM
- BadgerHawk
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,547
I agree but then I also think just how doggone close we have come now twice and the way those two games went down I'm stuck between numb and bitter. We lost to two teams that we are better than. We gave them away even if we might have been robbed by fate and questionable officiating. As for next year I'm so excited I just want September to come. We get Mario back, we get Kendall back, I think Jenkins will finally show something and we get K-Dub back. Unlike Harbs I won't be sad to see Randy go. I like what he brought to the team but he was the same old Randy way too often. I'm not sure if its because I live in the Midwest and saw his act for so long but Jerry Rice is right. The guy plays lazy. He wastes his ability. Lazy/slow routes, runs out of bounds after the catch versus fighting for yards. It was great that he helped out the younger guys and was a good locker room presence, but I'd rather have someone who produces. Let him go to another team and chase his ring.
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
It's been a great past two years. Let's keep it going.
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:03 PM
- Young2Rice
- Veteran
- Posts: 71,772
Originally posted by BayArea:
Actually we are the most unlucky team on the face of the earth. If we were lucky we would have a cinderarella story or two right now instead of two gut wrenching ends to shoulda coulda woulda seasons. Just like the Bills of the early 90's. Should they consider them lucky for going 4 seasons in a row and losing every one? I don't think so.
Yeah. We are going to look back at this and realize they were lost chances at titles.
Even if we win the next three out of five, we will stlil wonder what if...
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM
- SFBlue
- Member
- Posts: 1,047
Originally posted by Niners816:
Great post....I totally agree. The foundation is very sound. We have a great opportunity to strengthen and solidify the roster in the draft. We all know what areas need addressed, but the facts of the nfl are if you have a coach and a qb you are always viable.
This combo is the most comforting thing that was missing from the dark years. Of course it's devestating to lose in the Superbowl, but we can feel comfort in knowing that we will be contenders for years to come. This wasn't a case of a mediocre team sneaking in to the playoffs and getting hot, this was a team that belonged in the big game and will continue to grow from here on out.
Feb 5, 2013 at 7:08 PM
- HudsonValley
- Member
- Posts: 836
Although I am starting to see the silver lining in all of these threads (and Ive posted some optimistic ones myself), we cant shed the notion that we lost to a lesser team.
If we had lost to a team like Denver, and maybe even the Patriots, I think the loss would have been easier to swallow. But after dismantling stronger opponents in the Packers and Falcons, this should have been a cakewalk. And for the most part, it was. LMJ's fumble knocked the wind out of us, and before we knew it, the team was rallying from a 28-6 hole. Imagine if we had kept the game to a reasonable 21-10 or 21-13 at half. We'd be hoisting the Lombardi trophy right now.
Just dont understand how the team was so unprepared in the SUPERBOWL. It's mind boggling, and we let an aging slower team toss us around. Just inexcusable, and I guarantee this loss will linger in our minds just as the Craig fumble of 1990 does for decades to come.
If we had lost to a team like Denver, and maybe even the Patriots, I think the loss would have been easier to swallow. But after dismantling stronger opponents in the Packers and Falcons, this should have been a cakewalk. And for the most part, it was. LMJ's fumble knocked the wind out of us, and before we knew it, the team was rallying from a 28-6 hole. Imagine if we had kept the game to a reasonable 21-10 or 21-13 at half. We'd be hoisting the Lombardi trophy right now.
Just dont understand how the team was so unprepared in the SUPERBOWL. It's mind boggling, and we let an aging slower team toss us around. Just inexcusable, and I guarantee this loss will linger in our minds just as the Craig fumble of 1990 does for decades to come.
[ Edited by HudsonValley on Feb 5, 2013 at 7:09 PM ]