There are 282 users in the forums

Which would you most likely choose (if you had to):

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which would you most likely choose (if you had to):

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1) Very powerhose defense.
2) Good to above average offense.

That's a Super Bowl winner.

what was the last team to win a superbowl with a powerhouse defense?
Originally posted by lamontb:

The Ravens.
Originally posted by lamontb:

The Ravens.

the bucs 2 years later
Originally posted by crabman82:
baltimore just proved what you should rather have, a O who can score and a D who can bend but not break in the RZ

Their special teams also scored.

ya i get that. but have you been watching them the last decade? all D, no O, no rings. they flip the script, give flacco a little more lee-way as the D gets older and less effective and now they're the champs.

We made them champs as much as anything. We didn't even show up for the 1st two quarters.

the old bill walsh "beat them to the punch" thing. they made a decision this year to be more open on O and give flacco morr on his plate like the other elite qb's have. it worked out and they won. part of us looking bad was them looking good.

A big part of it was us just not showing up until the power outage. We laid an egg the first 2 1/2 quarters.

i know we didnt play our best ball. but i'm not going to take away what the ravens did, they allowed flacco to take more chances, he did and his guys went up and made plays. had we played better maybe we stop some of those plays, surely not all of them, they've got to be given a certain level of credit for it.
Originally posted by jreff22:
how about 1 game where we play 4 quarters of solid football

I like this idea
As long as the object of the game is to outscore your opponent, I'll keep taking the great offense.
How about last year's D & this year's O?
History proves that having a greater offense with mediocre defense gets you a lot more championships than vice versa. In the last 20 years, only the Ravens (2000) and Bucs have done so the other way around.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:
How about last year's D & this year's O?

Last years D and this years O would have won the Super Bowl for sure. LOL. I would throw in last years Special Teams too as it was far superior to what we saw this year. Akers last year was far better. Colin Jones and Blake Costanzo don't allow that 109 yard return IMO.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I will take the great offense and bad defense. I cannot stand having one 3 and out after another.

Originally posted by BobS:
I will take the great offense and bad defense. I cannot stand having one 3 and out after another.

a dynamic O and a D who will bend but not break and create its share of TO's is the way to win in this league nowadays
2 Losing situations for Losers.

Fix the damn proble and lets get it on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
a new OC

I agree. But having the other team drive all over you or score at will is horribly frustrating.
Originally posted by grizzlyadams:

I agree. But having the other team drive all over you or score at will is horribly frustrating.

its what is being called "the new nfl". goodell wants 54-49 college football scores.
Share 49ersWebzone