There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which would you most likely choose (if you had to):

Which would you most likely choose (if you had to):

Thankfully, we don't have to choose, but I'm just curious what others think here. A great defense will keep you in games. Having a terrible defense is an option no one wants.

Personally, I think the offense will be great next year. If we can get the defense to come around after a rough ending to the season, we'll be back in the Superbowl.
It seems like we have either one or the other at times all year long
Neither one. LOL.
I'd say probably an explosive offense. Think about our team in the NFC Championship last year, and how awful the offense was. It couldn't even get a first down. It felt completely futile.

Now look at the Super Bowl. Our defense was pretty bad, and yet we remained competitive because the offense moved the ball at will.

I know we have the old adage of "defense wins championships", but I believe the league has bucked that trend in the last decade or so. It seems like teams are consistently able to win with a great offense and a mediocre defense.
1) Very powerhose defense.
2) Good to above average offense.

That's a Super Bowl winner.
Originally posted by theduke85:
I'd say probably an explosive offense. Think about our team in the NFC Championship last year, and how awful the offense was. It couldn't even get a first down. It felt completely futile.

Now look at the Super Bowl. Our defense was pretty bad, and yet we remained competitive because the offense moved the ball at will.

I know we have the old adage of "defense wins championships", but I believe the league has bucked that trend in the last decade or so. It seems like teams are consistently able to win with a great offense and a mediocre defense.

Look at the Detroit Lions. Look how much they move the ball with Megatron and their QB. Now look at their defense.

Check their record if you don't know. Look it up.
baltimore just proved what you should rather have, a O who can score and a D who can bend but not break in the RZ
Originally posted by crabman82:
baltimore just proved what you should rather have, a O who can score and a D who can bend but not break in the RZ

Their special teams also scored.
how about 1 game where we play 4 quarters of solid football
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

ya i get that. but have you been watching them the last decade? all D, no O, no rings. they flip the script, give flacco a little more lee-way as the D gets older and less effective and now they're the champs.

ya i get that. but have you been watching them the last decade? all D, no O, no rings. they flip the script, give flacco a little more lee-way as the D gets older and less effective and now they're the champs.

We made them champs as much as anything. We didn't even show up for the 1st two quarters.
Neither. I want explosive offense and good defense. Luckily, we can have that with the Niners.

We made them champs as much as anything. We didn't even show up for the 1st two quarters.

the old bill walsh "beat them to the punch" thing. they made a decision this year to be more open on O and give flacco morr on his plate like the other elite qb's have. it worked out and they won. part of us looking bad was them looking good.
Ill take Kaep putting 28 on the board every game.

the old bill walsh "beat them to the punch" thing. they made a decision this year to be more open on O and give flacco morr on his plate like the other elite qb's have. it worked out and they won. part of us looking bad was them looking good.

A big part of it was us just not showing up until the power outage. We laid an egg the first 2 1/2 quarters.