LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

The Official "Don't get MAD, get EVEN!" Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The "day after" the Super Bowl has taken place. Many of us have taken our respective lumps (those of us with the courage to show up to work on Monday that is, lol). We've probably heard it all at this point...

However, I'm sure many of you didn't just roll over and let people bad-mouth the team we love. Many of us fought back.

So my question is this: what were your best snarky remarks? What comments did you have for your friends/coworkers respective teams? Let's hear them!

(note: my personal favorite was a Cleveland Browns fan giving me sh*t. I laughed, looked at him, and told him to enjoy his 3 wins next season.)
I straight up asked this Raider fan.. "where'd you get your jersey from The Toilet Store?!" And then I busted out laughing!
One of my drivers whos a packers fan said go ravens. All i had for him was how bout them packers. He got in his truck and drove away another driver said are you still mad about the no call like jimmy? I showed him the pic of crabs and he said oh. Finally the best was a warehouse worker said still l good about the qb switch, i didnt get a chance to respond my boss instead said at least Kaepernick got famous for playing football not a double homicide. A guy at work rooting for the ravena told me that he last drive almost made him s**t himself he got so nervous. I asked him about the no call he said it is what it is.
I've mostly said it is what it is, and that Gore is right, niners were the better team, the niners truly did beat themselves, and it's a damn shame.
I' went to work today. I live in LA so I don't have anyone to confide in.

So far i've igored anyone that attempts to talk about the game. Straight up ignored. If its not about work, i haven't said a word. People are catching on. I've probably uttered five words since the three hours i've been here.

The hardest was my lebonese co-worker coming up to me with his fingers saying, MAN, your were THIS CLOSE!"

I wanted to cry. He realized it and left me alone.
I'm avoiding everyone
I gotta hear it from a lot of Ravens fans but it's all good. If you can give gotta be able to take
I say to them...."where did you watch game?"....cuz I was there.....then I walk away laughing at their long faces....
i dont have anyone rubbing it in to me and i live around a lof os seahawk fans. i know they may want to rub it in but they now they'd rather have been where we were
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
this official thread needs a theme song

Ironically, I'm in AZ and none of the Cardinals fans have been bad at all. A few Seahawks fans are here. All of them actually sided with the Niners.

I think it's because the Cardinal fans don't think that Santonio Holmes got both feet down in the Super Bowl and the Seahawks fans feel like the NFL rigged Jerome Bettis' retirement party too.

I guess misery loves company.
I heard Jim met with his Dad for awhile one day after the game and was really beating himself up for blowing it for the 49ers. Dont know if true because I've been away from the tv networks but I do know that we did have a great season and will build on it. Trent knows what type of teams we lost to and they were all the same type. We'll get much better on D for next year
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I heard Jim met with his Dad for awhile one day after the game and was really beating himself up for blowing it for the 49ers. Dont know if true because I've been away from the tv networks but I do know that we did have a great season and will build on it. Trent knows what type of teams we lost to and they were all the same type. We'll get much better on D for next year

Yeah he let them down in the end. Should of vetoed those plays at the end and told everyone to pound it in.

7 yarrds and four downs with a power running team in the fourth against an old worn down Defense.

My god. Just...My god...
  • thl408
My Facebook wall was littered with Raider fans laughing at us (49er fans). I posted back: "You laugh tonight, I'll laugh tomorrow and every day after at your Faiders".

I thought it was clever.
Superbowl is no guarantee, but I do see us going 14-2 next season, and getting the #1 seed. -Our core is stable, FA is going to be huge this year, and we're stacked in draft picks to either muscle up or trade out, and I believe our QB is going to cross into "MVP" candidate status.

-Kaepernick will be 25 going into his third career season, with his first complete season as a starter, having 10 starts previous (Joe Montana was 25 going into his in 1981, with 8 starts previous). Jim will be turning 50 going into his third year as a head coach (like Walsh), these might all coincidences, but I believe in the theory "third time is a charm".

Next year will be revenge, and they'll not just be playing angry/motivated, but smarter (specially Jim, who never makes the same mistake twice).
Share 49ersWebzone