There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We're not finished yet.

Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
This. Great post and it's the truth.

Truth be told I'm already over it. Last year's Giants game stung more and, weirdly enough, all the heartbreaking regular season losses during the dark ages (03-10) hurt more than this loss did. Because with those losses, you were fed up with losing and fed up with a franchise that seemingly would never return to glory.

Now we have. And although coming just short of Super Bowl titles in back-to-back seasons stings, it will NEVER sting as much as the days of when our Niners were a laughing stock of complete ineptitude.

This is only the beginning...

Originally posted by Byisgod:
I'm definitely with Fro fo sho' on this!

Look, after last year, half of you guys were saying that our window was closed--and then we made it to the Super Bowl. If anything our window just got bigger. We have more draft picks than anyone else. We are in a decent cap situation. The players are undeniably hungry.

And oh yea, we have something else: A STAR QB! Jesus, I feel like so many of you are forgetting this. Kap + full offseason + new talent and depth from the draft = potential for something that we haven't seen since the 80's. The future is bright indeed, and I'm so so proud of this team and this season.

49ers all day, everyday! Get some rest guys!

All day let's go niners!!!
One thing about it is that Seattle has a new DC. We'll have to see if this will become a factor.
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Good posts... I am sad we didn't win the superbowl, that was my main argument over other people's team (5-0). I am glad to see my team back to its winning ways and back to the 49er way slinging that ball around. We will be back, I am very sure of this...

I knew we were going to be back the first day that Jim stepped foot as our head coach. It was like me calling we were going to win SB XXVIV the day Jimmy Johnson stepped down as Cowboys HC in '94.
nice post man i am an old school fan from the middle 70's and just like u i was hurt i was watching with a group of raven fans fans that were invisible until good fortune started to come their way i was sitting there with my throwback RONNIE LOTT jersey ON and I tell u i never worried about losing until our last play i think they should have ran it in but s**t happens and to sweetzombiejesus lift ur head up this organization have won backkcab super bowls and almost got there the third time i already got a $50 bet that we will win the superbowl next year thats how i do
keep the faith GO NINERS
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
I see a very bright future for the Niners with one BIG caveat. Seattle.

I think the Niners and Seattle will be battling for NFC supremacy for the next few years--not just NFC west supremacy.

1. It could come down to who ends up as the better QB Kaep or Wilson
2. Seattle has a huge home field advantage with that noise and crowd--and playing an NFC Title game in Seattle is something you want to avoid.
3. If Seattle becomes a good road team winning the NFC west becomes difficult for the Niners--so that is the BIG caveat.
4. The Niners have to win the division despite Seattle's huge home field advantage for 8 games--and that will be hard to do.

This draft is so important coming up--14 picks--all the off season moves --we need a solid offseason.

Seattle has already become a better road team. They ARE a problem, at best I see splitting games with them. Their secondary can actually cover. The big thing will be try to stop them from having home field advantage in ANY playoff scenario..I feel like crap..5 yards, 3 might as well be rollouts..play calls from hell..bleah...
Originally posted by Irish40Niner:
Originally posted by SmoochingMyBiceps:
Defense is old. Kaep is going to get hit running ala RG3 and die in two years. We won't even be the San Francisco 49ers, we're the Santa Clara 49ers now. Nothing good will happen for us. Prepare to be the same old Niners again. Sans the 80's of course. When we weren't really the Niners.

I hope you are joking...

I doubt Joking ... as I see it, a casual fan, not being FAITHFUL, or just someone out for a little Troll
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Feb 5, 2013 at 5:42 PM ]

I think the Niners and Seattle will be battling for NFC supremacy for the next few years--not just NFC west supremacy.

2. Seattle has a huge home field advantage with that noise and crowd--and playing an NFC Title game in Seattle is something you want to avoid.
3. If Seattle becomes a good road team winning the NFC west becomes difficult for the Niners--so that is the BIG caveat.
4. The Niners have to win the division despite Seattle's huge home field advantage for 8 games--and that will be hard to do.

This draft is so important coming up--14 picks--all the off season moves --we need a solid offseason.

I would agree. There is no one else out there in the NFC that really scares me except Seattle. The way they drafted the last few years and how fast they rose is a very real issue. As it stands now, we have to win the division to insure we don't play in Seattle...
Originally posted by robniner:
One thing about it is that Seattle has a new DC. We'll have to see if this will become a factor.

100% non factor. thats pete carroll's D, his system and his players. bradley will wish he never left.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Which team is looking forward to facing us next year? NOBODY!!!!

We're still gonna get one for Frank. This team owes him that much. GO NINERS!!!

You know what they owed Frank was a 1 g***amn carry from the 5 yardline to win the SuperBowl!! That's what they owed him. But nooooooooooo.
We went from smashmouth to assmouth when it counted. It's not hindsight its fact. We went away from our strength and lost. Pathetic ROMAN! I hope Frank
does get one though cuz he sure deserves it. GO NINERS!
Originally posted by barrymartin:

I would agree. There is no one else out there in the NFC that really scares me except Seattle. The way they drafted the last few years and how fast they rose is a very real issue. As it stands now, we have to win the division to insure we don't play in Seattle...

I am a realist but come on. Seattle is going to be there like alot of good NFC teams. Atlanta, Washington, Green Bay, Chicago. New Orleans and NYGiants will be back too and you know what. We can push them out of the way just like anybody else. Nobody wants to play playoff games away from home. But SF just
beat Atlanta in the MIGHTY Georgia Dome with Matty ICE who only lost there 6 times in his career. We beat Brady in his house we beat Rodgers in his house
we beat Brees. WHERE? In his HOUSE! So bring on the SeaChickens and their noise. We been places like that and won and we will win there too.
Good post.

Time to re-tool and reload, have a good draft and get ready for next year. We aint goin nowhere!
How many heart breaks before we get to actually celebrate this time of year? I am not sure how many more of these I can survive. Seriously I actually had a better time when we were going 2-14 and 6-10 than these kind of seasons. It is hard to say how long our window will be open and how many times we can battle through this increasingly tough NFC to reach the big one. Just seems like we are cursed to fall short. I hope not but damnit everything points that way.
Originally posted by barrymartin:

Yup. Their defense is good and RW + Lynch is a formidable offense.
NFC is ours and somebody has to come through us for it.

Go Niners
Originally posted by BayArea:
How many heart breaks before we get to actually celebrate this time of year? I am not sure how many more of these I can survive. Seriously I actually had a better time when we were going 2-14 and 6-10 than these kind of seasons. It is hard to say how long our window will be open and how many times we can battle through this increasingly tough NFC to reach the big one. Just seems like we are cursed to fall short. I hope not but damnit everything points that way.

My sentiments exactly. Seriously, since the '89 SB, we've suffered some of the most back-breaking losses of any franchise in the league over that same time-span. I was too young to remember the Craig fumble, but that was obviously one of the most gut-wrenching losses of all time. Then we lost 2 CGs to Dallas before finally beating them. We seemed set to contend for several more SBs with that crew, only to run in to GB 3 times in a row, once in the CG at home. We had a great team in '98, and might have gone to the bowl had Hearst not died early against the Falcons.

Last year was terrible. To lose the way we did and how we did after having the game completely under our control was awful. The real shame is that '11 Defense was one of the game's all-time elite units. Still can't believe it, or that the niners somehow found an arguably even worse way to end a season the very next year.

While we do have a budding superstar at QB, and an O only set to improve, our D is slipping--the equation for victory has completely reversed from last/early this season. There are a ton of other teams in the NFC with great Os and suspect Ds, as I fear we'll become. We'll be perennial contenders for the next decade or so, as long as we have Kaep and Harbalke, but as we witnessed in the 90s with the Young/Rice/BY/Stubbfield/ teams or Marino's Dolphins or Kelly's Bills or McNaab's Eagles or the post-04 Pats, nothing is guaranteed. Making matters more challenging, unlike the 90s Niners or the Dolphins or Bills, the league is tuned towards parity and the NFC is stacked with 5 or 6 teams that can realistically reach the bowl: us, SEA, GB, ATL, NYG, CHI, etc. My only hope is that we, like the Ravens just did or the Colts or the Saints, become a perennial contender that's able to pull one out eventually. But, after being so, so close to the title, everything short of a SB with this team/coach/FO is, unfortunately, a failure. And that fact, along with the crushing way in which we lost, is what is making the aftermath so hard to deal with.