Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

We're not finished yet.

Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by lazy:
somebody's got jokes.

Seattle's a problem...if you can't see that then you're drinking the Jim (jones) HARBAUGH Kool aid....lol....The NFC is no joke.

Seattle has no better chance than we do.

Has nothing to do with sugary drinks.

they also have no worse of a chance then we do, its a dead heat if there ever was one, the new pitt-balt

Thanks for clearing that up.
Excellent Post, Yesterday, I hate everything,Today I just hated most everything...this too will pass. This is My team,Our team, so lets go team Niners

OP lifted my spirits more than the "dat ass" thread! Thanks, man!
Young team learning important lessons about what it really takes to win. Example? First play of the game - a penalty. I think those moments will resonate with players that every mistake, each time you don't execute, each time you don't put 110% into that block, into that route, each time you don't lay out and give everything for a pass, each time you don't communicate well with your teammates and find yourself in no-man's-land against a fast receiver, have the cumulative effect of changing momentum and affecting the outcome of the game. Yes big plays can kill you, buy usually it's a series of plays that lead to a loss for two closely evenly matched teams.

I'm hoping the leaders on the team use this as a rallying cry - that we need to be perfect. We need to execute. We need to communicate. We can't have penalties. Now that the offensive leaders are set, now that there's no question who owns the huddle, it's time to understand what's most important. If I'm Davis or Crabtree or Kaep, I'm telling guys - see you in 3 weeks for some pass-catching drills. I think this team will be back as fropwns says, but now my expectations are higher... not just of the players but for Baalke and Harbaugh along with his coaching staff.

Tweak the team. Evaluate talent and improve it. Learn how to improve scheme - both offense and defense. Both units should be more explosive next season.

No more excuses.

It certainly is SB or BUST.

Go Niners!
Damn straight Fro, damn straight.
Great post. SF will be back. You can count on that. And we will all support our team just like we did in the dark times.
The anger is gone and i'm very sad right now.

This helps.

Thanks.
Originally posted by robniner:
You'll have to go all the way back. Teams come to mind are the Elway led Broncos teams in the late 90s and the 2001 Pats team. Prior to them winning it all, both franchises got walloped in their SB appearances before finally winning the big one.

Now, I'm no football historian, but what I feel is safe to say is that we've got way too much talent to not make it this far (and win). Our depth, overall, is pretty damn good in my eyes but could use some work and we don't have the mentality to allow this year to appear as a fluke.
If anything, I'm excited to see this team play angry + focused. We've seen attempted and successful comebacks, in which we show the ultimate poise and focus 31 teams dream of having.
My only fear is the rise of other teams, but I feel our resiliency will be too much for other teams to handle.

Long story short, we're too damn good to allow a SB opportunity go to waste, this experience will do nothing but fuel this team (and Kaep, who will feel for once the hunger) and Harbaugh and that Who's Got It Better chant will play even a bigger role in our chase.

Can't wait for round 2.
Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Now, I'm no football historian, but what I feel is safe to say is that we've got way too much talent to not make it this far (and win). Our depth, overall, is pretty damn good in my eyes but could use some work and we don't have the mentality to allow this year to appear as a fluke.
If anything, I'm excited to see this team play angry + focused. We've seen attempted and successful comebacks, in which we show the ultimate poise and focus 31 teams dream of having.
My only fear is the rise of other teams, but I feel our resiliency will be too much for other teams to handle.

Long story short, we're too damn good to allow a SB opportunity go to waste, this experience will do nothing but fuel this team (and Kaep, who will feel for once the hunger) and Harbaugh and that Who's Got It Better chant will play even a bigger role in our chase.

Can't wait for round 2.

Time will tell if Kaepernick will turn into a Montana or Young. One characteristic those two had was the art of the comeback. The kid showed he can engineer such drives.
This year we had a legitimate superbowl team. Next year, Kaepernick has more experience/comfort, our kicking situation will improve, our secondary will improve, and wide receivers will be healthy. The team from this year that was good enough to make it to the superbowl will not remain the same next. They will get better, much better.
[ Edited by mryan1004 on Feb 5, 2013 at 12:50 PM ]
Originally posted by sacguy08:
I think all it did was call out the areas on the team that we need to work on before moving forward, which can be addressed. We need a better D-line rotation, the pass rush needs to step up beyond Aldon stunting with Smith and we sure as hell need DB's that are going to challenge for the ball. And figure out something for Whitner to do rather than get beat in coverage. If you take care of some of those things, then I don't see why we couldn't be back.

I agree....
Be proud of what we got and look forward to the future, I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by crabman82:
cowboys in 1970 lost to baltimore colts, then went back and won in 1971.

I do see us doing this next season. They now have extra motivation and will be more on a mission. This year was a huge step and they got over that hump with the NFCCG.
[ Edited by robniner on Feb 5, 2013 at 1:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by lazy:
somebody's got jokes.

Seattle's a problem...if you can't see that then you're drinking the Jim (jones) HARBAUGH Kool aid....lol....The NFC is no joke.

No you have it wrong. Seattle HAS a problem -- The 49ers under Harbaugh and led by CK.

We are going to be a thorn in their side over the next years.

I think it'll be very similar to what the Cowboys did to us in the early 90's. Us being the Cowboys and the Hawks being the 9ers.
I do see us doing this next season. They now have extra motivation and will be more on a mission. This year was a huge step and they got over that hump with the NFCCG.

Time will tell if Kaepernick will turn into a Montana or Young. One characteristic those two had was the art of the comeback. The kid showed he can engineer such drives.

Good posts... I am sad we didn't win the superbowl, that was my main argument over other people's team (5-0). I am glad to see my team back to its winning ways and back to the 49er way slinging that ball around. We will be back, I am very sure of this...