LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 192 users in the forums

We're not finished yet.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lazy:
somebody's got jokes.

Seattle's a problem...if you can't see that then you're drinking the Jim (jones) HARBAUGH Kool aid....lol....The NFC is no joke.
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by SweetZombieJesus:
I want to believe but I'm struggling to think of SB losers who redeem themselves.

2011 Pats? 2010 Steelers? 2009 Colts? 2008 Cards? 2007 Pats? 2006 Bears? How far back do I have to go to find a SB loser who got back and won it all?

You'll have to go all the way back. Teams come to mind are the Elway led Broncos teams in the late 90s and the 2001 Pats team. Prior to them winning it all, both franchises got walloped in their SB appearances before finally winning the big one.

cowboys in 1970 lost to baltimore colts, then went back and won in 1971.
Originally posted by fropwns:
I am just like you. I get up, I brush my teeth and I go to work. I do it everyday, Monday through Friday. For the past nine years (my nine year anniversary is rapidly approaching), I have come here and posted about the team of my childhood, the San Francisco 49ers. I am just like you. And just like you, I've waited 18 years to see the Niners back in the Super Bowl.

A lot has happened in 18 years, I went from 19 to 37. I went from High School failure to a graduate degree. I went from single, to dating, to engaged, and to married--that whole time to one woman. The best part, we met in 1995. I have moved four times. I went from my home state to Arizona. I went from poster to mod. I served in the military, now I serve veterans and others in another capacity. A lot has happened in 18 years.

It hurt, it really did. But no more than any loss ever hurts. It is clear to me, you may disagree, we lost, they won, and we will never forget it. Logic and history tell us, we are doomed. We have missed the window. The team will fall apart. Colin is overrated. Everyone thinks we are a fraud. Let them.

And me? Sorry, I just don't buy it. We are going to retain our defense, we will get the injured back, and we will draft talent that will help us. Kaep has something to prove now--in spite of the performance he put on. In short, we're not finished yet. I have to believe this. You should believe this. And deep down, under the pain and agony of losing our first Super Bowl, you do believe. And I'll tell you why. Trust. We trust our franchise again. How long, and really think about this, how long have we waited for that?

I am just like you. I wore my authentic Steve Young jersey on Sunday. You may have worn your Montana, Lott, Craig, or Rice. Or maybe you wore your Willis, your Stokes, your Garcia, your Gore, your Kaep, maybe, just maybe, you wore your Alex Smith jersey. We were one collective heart beat. It may be just where I live in the Southwest, but people are down. People are not happy the Ravens won the game. Granted, they have their fans. But the niners have always had more.

It was an improbable season. Long field goals that doinked their way in. A tie. A dramatically improved NFC west. The pistol. "The Switch" as the QB debate will be known as. Down 17? No problem. Down 22? Almost no problem. I have absolutely no shame. I am proud of them. I love this team. I think back to the video prior to the Super Bowl where they clowned Aldon about his hair. I love this team. You love this team. We love this team.

And that is why, we're not finished yet. Love. Simple, really. We care too much to quit. I assure you, they, the players, the coaches, and the ownership of the 49ers, are hurt, but they are not done yet.

Who has it better than us? Nobody because we're not finished yet.

Have a peaceful off-season for those who take a mental and emotional break. I'll see you during the draft.

I am Fropwns

Well said. Emotional ride and I'll also see you guys around the draft
ABSOLUTELY!

We'll be back - tougher, meaner with more purpose and dedication to victory.

GO NINERS!
Let the quest for six continue... We will win #6 most likely next season. Kaep is the man!!! Get him some more weapons and get our d back on track we'll be fine.
We missed the window, the Ravens aren't even very good and they kicked our ass the whole 1st half. Niners might make it back in 10+ years.
[ Edited by MSteitz468 on Feb 5, 2013 at 10:10 AM ]
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
We missed the window, the Ravens aren't even very good and they kicked our ass the whole 1st half. Niners might make it back in 10+ years.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
its over, just blow it up and rebuild.
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch #49ers WR Kyle Williams (ACL) said rehab slightly ahead of schedule, will be ready for training camp, at latest.
We will be bounced in divisional round next year. Frank gore is gonna get tiki barber'd

Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
somebody's got jokes.

Seattle's a problem...if you can't see that then you're drinking the Jim (jones) HARBAUGH Kool aid....lol....The NFC is no joke.

Seattle has no better chance than we do.

Has nothing to do with sugary drinks.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
We will be bounced in divisional round next year. Frank gore is gonna get tiki barber'd

tiki left on his own account, probably a year or two early, frank will have to be pulled off the field like jerry was
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
somebody's got jokes.

Nope! You heard the man, time to give up and become Seahawks fans!!!!!!!
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
somebody's got jokes.

they also have no worse of a chance then we do, its a dead heat if there ever was one, the new pitt-balt
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Nope! You heard the man, time to give up and become Seahawks fans!!!!!!!

I would rather be dead.
Share 49ersWebzone