There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Sweet Payoff----(if the mods don't mind keep separate-long time member request)

SIGH.
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Amazing how for most of us, the team will never know or care who we are, they do not pay our bills or have any obligation to us in a personal matter, yet we invest so much emotion and keep coming back for a beating with the slim hopes of relishing in the euphoric feeling of a championship

Its all worth it for that euphoric feeling...especially when you know in your heart you put in all the time/dedication/emotion to enjoy every last bit of it

one day....we will get our chance
I agree with everything in your post... but those points are all the biggest reasons as to why I'm pissed at this team (and this loss). -This journey started almost 6 months ago only to lead up to tainted perfection, and shame to a once proud franchise which went 5-0 (which at the time was still unheard of for any team in American Sporting history).

-We're like any other team now, nothing special, and that sucks. -It's not the end of the world, but it's a scar that will haunt this franchise until it finds a means to amend the gap (if it ever does).
Greetings All, first time poster here. I've been logging on to webzone for years and really enjoy the different perspectives that are shared day in and day out. After reading a few posts in this thread i just felt compelled to comment, my way of dealing with the hurt. I've been a die hard niners fan since the late 80's living in south texas. Coming in to work today having to deal with all the haters has been really difficult but one thing I've been doing all day is coming back to the zone to read everyone else's thoughts and stories of how crappy they've been feeling today. So in a strange way it's been pretty therapeutic to hear how sick everyone else is feeling today. After the game yesterday I was sitting there in silence with my 6 yr old son next to me (you'll all be happy to know that he too is carrying on the tradition of representing niner nation in south texas), I glance down at him and notice he's been crying, I ask him whats wrong and he says "it hurts dad, I thought WE had it, why didnt they give it to Frank, he would've won it for us", couldn't be more proud of the little guy...already a die hard niner fan...comforting knowing I have someone else in the family going what I'm going through. Thanks for letting me share.......stay strong, we'll be back...
i dont think i have ever been this depressed before (not even after breaking up with my longtime girlfriend)....being a die hard fan is very painful...

we WILL be competitive for at least a couple more years (mostly young talent in their prime). a franchise qb and a great coaching/gm staff. Just gotta keep on fighting (what else can we do...)...dont worry guys we will feel better,

for those of you looking at all the "trends" of super bowl losers in their following years read this http://www.mercurynews.com/tim-kawakami/ci_22517468/super-bowl-2013-kawakami-49ers-will-be-back

there is NOTHING we can do now except keep fighting. We love and believe in this team...because we are fans

o and GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Amazing how for most of us, the team will never know or care who we are, they do not pay our bills or have any obligation to us in a personal matter, yet we invest so much emotion and keep coming back for a beating with the slim hopes of relishing in the euphoric feeling of a championship

Its all worth it for that euphoric feeling...especially when you know in your heart you put in all the time/dedication/emotion to enjoy every last bit of it

one day....we will get our chance

our time will come....hopefully with this roster intact...(good luck defending kaepernick nfl!!!!)
guys oh man has it been a lousy lousy wickedly lousy past 20 something hours. living in chicago, people at work are talking about how great a game it was and want to talk to me about it. i just keep saying i don't ever want to talk about the game. and i don't. not w them. but with you guys. cause you are feeling what i'm feeling. i've been listening to depressing music at work today. i dont want to smile or be happy. i just want to sulk. i was teary yesterday and today thinking about it. you guys are right, the time that we invest, started after healing from NFCCG last year to FA, draft, to OTAs, TC, preseason, games, etc. I know i will be invested in it next year the same way. But given we lost and threw an int in the superbowl and have tainted perfection, i wish we didnt get there. And honestly i feel really really really bad for frank, vernon, pat, justin, and alex and others. it really would have been good to get them all a ring. i mean we have been here with them through the dismal years from 2005 til now. even if i dont want alex as my starter, i still wanted him and the rest of the guys to get a ring cause s**t man we've been thru it all together. i'm getting choked up writing this. and like you guys said they'll never know us or how much we care and how much they mean to us. but this year i will tweet them all and thank them for what they have done for us. many people will never understand the emotion we feel. it is just a game and i like many others have other things in my life prove that this is just a game. but then again this game and team is what i've love since i can remember, so its not JUST a game. its my way of life. its not my wife or parents or family but it is my personality. geez i can't believe it. i not angry. i'm just deeeply deeply crushed. i cant go to any other sports site for any consolation. i can only come to you guys. cause i konw you understand. thank you for letting me get this out partly.