There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Last season at Candlestick

I want the 49ers to get the first seed heading into the playoffs. The Stick needs to pull out just one more memorable moment.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Candlestick to be domolished within the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/candlestick-park-demolished-within-223126376--mlb.html

Shouldn't they make sure that the new stadium is up and running before they domolish candlestick?

they're dropping the hint to the contractors.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
I want the 49ers to get the first seed heading into the playoffs. The Stick needs to pull out just one more memorable moment.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Candlestick to be domolished within the year.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/candlestick-park-demolished-within-223126376--mlb.html

Well what if we get a home game in the playoffs
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Well what if we get a home game in the playoffs

They won't demolish it until our season is over..
I will really miss the stick. My best memories are in that park!
I wonder if they are going to sell any of the seats from the stadium?
Please tell me the City/County/Stadium Commission will allow me to purchase a seat from the stick before they blow it up....
If im not able to take the seat i sat in for the last 28 years, I will be pissed.
I know they're doing that Candlestick's Greatest Moments thing and York said there's a lot of other stuff planned, too.

I, for one, am hoping for some fresh throw back unis, maybe breaking out the '94 set or even going with the early 60s look that had silver instead of gold but the same basic striping and logo patterns. Anyone else remember how when they were redesigning the uni several years ago there was talk about maybe incorporating silver into a throwback scheme? That could be pretty cool. Of course, I guess the silver was when they still played at Kezar so that doesn't necessarily work for the Stick.
Originally posted by ace49ers:

It will!
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Please tell me the City/County/Stadium Commission will allow me to purchase a seat from the stick before they blow it up....

They would be missing a potentially huge revenue opportunity if they don't.
I will go to one final game next season at the stick, Don't know which game though since there are some good one's to take place, But anywho, Will also be there for opening day at our new stadium in 2014!

Let's get that home field advantage next year and go out with a bang at the stick heading into the superbowl!
they gonna blow it up
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Im gunna have to find a way to take a vacation down to San Fran with my wife and kids so i can give them a chance to enjoy a 49ers game at Candlestick since i never got to with my dad.

Dude - I posted on another thread - I WILL be going to The 'Stick next year for a game. I never got to go when I lived there in 88-89-90, but I told my wife 2013 season (most likely the Seahawks game) We go to The 'Stick.