LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 323 users in the forums

Why are we so friggin bad early in games?!?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If we play the way we did in the second half/after the power outage....
BLOWOUT.

I've seen it too many times, slow start after slow start.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
that wasn't an early game
because Kaepernick is inconsistent.
Coaching
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Your guess is as good as mine. If these weren't well coached pros I would say it was from under estimating the opponent and thinking you can get away with not giving 100%. I am sure that isn't the case here.
I put the blame on the coaching, this team has come out flat-footed way too many games this season, actually, pretty much every 3rd game.

Even in the playoffs they went W-W-L-.
bad coaching.
I really, truthfully believe our defense was gassed this year. We need some depth, BAD.
Originally posted by drakan:

He plays on D?
For some reason we seem to have the best coaching staff at adapting to what is happening in the match. See our 2nd half in every play off game.

But we are continually not getting things right in preparation for the game and starting slowly.

I am sure that fans are not the only ones seeing this, and the coaches will be looking at improving this for next year.

(But I do also think that there seemed to be a hint of over confidence this season that will hopefully be removed for next year. I think this accounts for the 3 game cycle we had all season, along with the regular slow starts - which was an issue all year long.)

I hope they find the answer.

because new england exposed our weaknesses and we've had no (first half) answer since.
I'm gonna say it's the team not used to playing these types of games yet. First road game in a championship against ATL and then of course an even bigger stage at the SB. Next year, this won't be a problem.
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

He plays on D?

Read the thread title. He plays on O and our O was bad early. Got it?
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
because new england exposed our weaknesses and we've had no (first half) answer since.

Meh, their biggest success was Justin Smith being injured. Without Justin, the pass rush doesn't come, this team doesn't play the run as well and the entire defense looks suspect.
Originally posted by paperplanemedia:
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:

He plays on D?

Read the thread title. He plays on O and our O was bad early. Got it?

exactly
Share 49ersWebzone