There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our Offense as a Whole

Is it just me, or did our offense turn into an absolute juggernaut from about the Patriots game on?

I mean, first of all, we are going to have a great running game next year for a handful of reasons:
a) Gore, LMJ, Hunter (Gore will be 30, LMJ and Hunter should see a lot of carries to keep Frank fresh)
b) best run-blocking offensive line in football
c) dual-threat quarterback in Kaepernik

Second of all, it seemed like over the last three games, our offense passed the ball at will. I don't know if it was better play calling or what, but we seemed to do a remarkable job of stretching the field with our fast receivers and getting guys open. Some of the throws Kaep is able to make are just unbelievable. I'm not trying to generate controversy here, but there were countless throws he made yesterday that I could never dream of Smith making.

I mean, the sad thing is, our offense carried this team through the playoffs. The defense, especially in the Atlanta/Baltimore games, looked very suspect.

Anyway, here's my question: is this offense legit? Do we legitimately have a borderline-elite offense? Or was it somewhat of a mirage, being that we played relatively poor defenses in Green Bay, Atlanta, and Baltimore (while BAL had very stout red zone defense, their age and speed were completely exposed in the open field).
Need better, bigger receivers and Kaep to get better on the redzone management and throws.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Need better, bigger receivers and Kaep to get better on the redzone management and throws.
I'd like to see big, tall second tight end. Someone that can come in our jumbo packages (especially in the red zone), and create a huge size mismatch against whoever is covering him. Delaine and Vernon are both good, but neither is particularly large.
[ Edited by theduke85 on Feb 4, 2013 at 9:41 AM ]
The offense is absolutely legit. Stud QB, stud O-line. You can plug and play RBs/WRs/TEs in and it's going to generate points, consistently.
Not much to adjust on our offense. Remove Moss and get a second solid #2 receiver and we'll be good.
Need a BIG, fast WR to play opposite Crabbs
I don't think we need to tinker with much on O. We have a QB that can make his players better. What I would like is a Moss replacement. Need a big body player with speed. Wouldn't mind a big tight end too. But our offense is freaking legit.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Is it just me, or did our offense turn into an absolute juggernaut from about the Patriots game on?

I mean, first of all, we are going to have a great running game next year for a handful of reasons:
a) Gore, LMJ, Hunter (Gore will be 30, LMJ and Hunter should see a lot of carries to keep Frank fresh)
b) best run-blocking offensive line in football
c) dual-threat quarterback in Kaepernik

Second of all, it seemed like over the last three games, our offense passed the ball at will. I don't know if it was better play calling or what, but we seemed to do a remarkable job of stretching the field with our fast receivers and getting guys open. Some of the throws Kaep is able to make are just unbelievable. I'm not trying to generate controversy here, but there were countless throws he made yesterday that I could never dream of Smith making.

I mean, the sad thing is, our offense carried this team through the playoffs. The defense, especially in the Atlanta/Baltimore games, looked very suspect.

Anyway, here's my question: is this offense legit? Do we legitimately have a borderline-elite offense? Or was it somewhat of a mirage, being that we played relatively poor defenses in Green Bay, Atlanta, and Baltimore (while BAL had very stout red zone defense, their age and speed were completely exposed in the open field).

Not yet. Still need improvement in the redzone and third-down conversions.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home